Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4
Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #994869] Fri, 28 December 2012 14:06 Go to next message
Vince Cadmus is currently offline Vince CadmusFriend
Hi,

I've just tried to run with Kepler M4 an RCP application I did with Juno, and I saw all submenus/toolbar actions are disabled. I tried a brand new sample app in Kepler (with the "Eclipse 4 Application Project" wizard, checking "Create Sample content", without adding anything in the project), to check if I did something wrong, but it is the same : the app has File/Help menus with inside submenus (Open, Save and Quit for File, and About for Help) and 2 actions in the top toolbar (openCommand/saveCommand) but all these submenus and actions are disabled (they are not with the same app in Juno).

Is this a known issue ? I haven't found anything about this.

I tried to investigate, but I don't know anything about this part, so I don't even know where I should begin Sad.

If someone can give me a hand, he/she would be welcome ! Wink
Re: Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #996470 is a reply to message #994869] Wed, 02 January 2013 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

You need to register a new model add-on HandlerProcessingAddon The tools have not been updated yet. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=394172
Re: Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #996521 is a reply to message #996470] Wed, 02 January 2013 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks very much Lars, with this add-on it works like a charm Smile
Re: Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #997013 is a reply to message #996521] Thu, 03 January 2013 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyajeet Mising name is currently offline Satyajeet Mising nameFriend
I tried to add the addon as mentioned, but i am still facing the problem of disabled menu options. Is there anything specific to be done after the addition of the Addon.
Re: Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #997102 is a reply to message #997013] Thu, 03 January 2013 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may have forgotten to clear your workspace configuration when running your app ? Try the "clean" option in your run configuration,if so, and it may solve your issue Wink
Re: Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #1021701 is a reply to message #997102] Wed, 20 March 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rui Domingues is currently offline Rui DominguesFriend
Hi.

Sorry for digging on this topic.

Kepler is now in M5 release, and I added this addon. Everything works fine, however views private members are not injected. Using a constructor everything is injected, but doing :

@Inject 
	private EMenuService menuService;

menuService remains null.

Likewise createControls is not invoked. I had to explicitly invoke it from inside the constructor
@PostConstruct
public void createControls(Composite parent) 

Anyone can tell me why? What is missing? Notice this was working on Juno.

Thanks in advance.
rui

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Menu disabled in RCP with Kepler M4 [message #1022742 is a reply to message #1021701] Fri, 22 March 2013 13:05 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
You're likely hitting this problem:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/RCP/FAQ#Why_isn.27t_my_.40Inject-able.2F.40PostConstruct_methods_being_injected.3F

Be sure to use versions Import-Package statements.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4 with both views (3.x and e4)
Next Topic:E4 CSS engine - Platform and user-defined colors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:54:42 GMT 2024