Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » BPMN elements to BPMNDI elements?
BPMN elements to BPMNDI elements? [message #994158] Wed, 26 December 2012 15:19 Go to next message
Hassan BAZOUN is currently offline Hassan BAZOUNFriend
Hello,

I'am using ATL to transform a certain kind of model to a BPMN2.0 model. the transformation is fine, now i want to open the new created BPMN2.0 model in a BPMN2.0 modeler, as my model doesn't has any BPMNDI elements i'am obliged to use an xslt style sheet to recreate the BPMNDI elements so that it can be opened in the modeler.

1) Is there any simpler way to do this?
2) If not, there is a real annoying problem which is the position of the new created graphical objects such as defining the x and y coordinates. Is there a way to automatically assign these coordinates?

Thanks in advance,
HB
Re: BPMN elements to BPMNDI elements? [message #994171 is a reply to message #994158] Wed, 26 December 2012 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Hassan,

The ability for the editor to (1) synthesize DI elements, and (2) to do auto layout, is currently missing but is planned as a future enhancement. As you've probably already discovered, the second (auto layout) is no trivial task Wink

Would you please create bugzilla enhancement requests for these two issues (here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=BPMN2Modeler) so that we can track them?

The reason I'm asking you to create these bugzillas (instead of doing it myself) is so that we know who in the community asked for what enhancements/bug fixes and so that others in the community can follow the progress.

Thanks!
Bob

Re: BPMN elements to BPMNDI elements? [message #994175 is a reply to message #994171] Wed, 26 December 2012 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'am going to create the two bugzilla enhancement equests, and then it sounds like a lot of work waiting me Razz

Keep the good work and thanks again.
HB
Re: BPMN elements to BPMNDI elements? [message #994187 is a reply to message #994175] Wed, 26 December 2012 16:52 Go to previous message
I added the following two bugs:

Bug 397164: Auto layout for BPMNDI elements.

Bug 397165: Automatically create DI Elements.

HB
Previous Topic:How to change event and gateway names?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:54:49 GMT 2024