Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » styling the selected item of a list or tree
styling the selected item of a list or tree [message #993928] Tue, 25 December 2012 23:55 Go to next message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus OleyFriend
Hi to all,

I try to style my application, I implemented with e4.
After looking for a complete reference, which css-elements are allowed, and after
installing e4 css style, which doesn't work at me, I am a little bit helpless.

Can give me a hint where I found this information or can you please
give me an advice what to write in my .css-file to style my selection of a list/tree/..

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Markus
Re: styling the selected item of a list or tree [message #994052 is a reply to message #993928] Wed, 26 December 2012 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
There's some documentation at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/CSS

The easiest way to experiment is to install the CSS Spy tools, available fom he install ite at:

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.12

It provides two tools, the Spy and Scratchpad. Both are opened using keyboard shortcuts (can be rebound) or through the Quick Access bar. The Spy supports introspecting across the different widgets and theur corresponding CSS. The Scratchpad supports experimenting with writing CSS to verify/understand their effect.

Oh, and to style a Tree, you can o something like:

Tree { background: yellow; }

Brian.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 December 2012 09:00] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: styling the selected item of a list or tree [message #994138 is a reply to message #994052] Wed, 26 December 2012 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Brian,

thank you for your answer,

Spy and Scratchpad don't work for me, pressing the keys nothing happens Sad

I need to style the selected item of a tree.
How do I have to write my css?

Thanks
Markus
Re: styling the selected item of a list or tree [message #995936 is a reply to message #994138] Mon, 31 December 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anybody an idea?

Re: styling the selected item of a list or tree [message #1006677 is a reply to message #995936] Fri, 01 February 2013 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Oops sorry Markus -- missed your reply. You're Isely hitting one of three issues:

1. You're running a newer version: the initial key bindings I chose (Alt-Shift F4 and Control-Alt-Shift-F4) dudn't work so well on Windows and Linux. I recntly changed the bindings to Alr-Shift-F4 and -F5.
  2. You're loading from a previously persisted model. Although the Spy installs itself on startup via a processor/addon, I've seen cases where those new bindings don't lays seem to take effect... Try clearing out your persisted state.
  3. You don't have the spy bundle in your launch configuration.
Re: styling the selected item of a list or tree [message #1006678 is a reply to message #995936] Fri, 01 February 2013 12:06 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Oops sorry Markus -- missed your reply. You're likely hitting one of three issues:

1. You're running a newer version: the initial key bindings I chose (Alt-Shift F4 and Control-Alt-Shift-F4) dudn't work so well on Windows and Linux. I recntly changed the bindings to Alr-Shift-F4 and -F5.
  2. You're loading from a previously persisted model. Although the Spy installs itself on startup via a processor/addon, I've seen cases where those new bindings don't lays seem to take effect... Try clearing out your persisted state.
  3. You don't have the spy bundle in your launch configuration.

(Apologies if this is double-posted; my first reply never bowed up?)
Previous Topic:P2 UI menu contributions in E4 application
Next Topic:3.x Properties View contributed from e4 view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:30:50 GMT 2024