Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » External URL links prevent display of website(Inserting an external URL into a content page prevents the display of the page)
External URL links prevent display of website [message #992923] Sun, 23 December 2012 02:03 Go to next message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
I am just starting an EPF project and my first page is a basic welcome page. I am using EPF 1.5.1.5 on a PC running Windows 7 Professional with Internet Explorer 9.

If there are no external links, then the page publishes perfectly and is displayed correctly in Internet Explorer 9. I am publishing to my local drive.

If I insert a single External URL link into that page, then Internet Explorer will not display the page and shows an error (screenshot is attached).

A sample of the text in HTML view on the Main description is:

The tool is part of the <a href="http://www.eclipse.org/">Eclipse Project</a>.

When I entered the link, I did specify that the page was to open in a new Window.

If I take out the link, then the page works perfectly, but with the link in, it does not display and Internet Explorer gives me .

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks,
[Solved] External URL links prevent display of website [message #993094 is a reply to message #992923] Sun, 23 December 2012 11:16 Go to previous message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
Fixed my own problem.

When I encountered the error, I had selected both Check external links and Convert broken links to plain text in the Publishing Options screen. Unchecking both options fixed the problem.

I have attached a screenshot.
Previous Topic:ClearCase - Problem with refreshing the views of Java projects
Next Topic:Too many Plug-ins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:32:23 GMT 2024