Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » g++ not found in PATH (g++)
g++ not found in PATH [message #992798] Sat, 22 December 2012 17:26 Go to next message
Lee Whitfield is currently offline Lee WhitfieldFriend
After choosing the default "Hello World" project I am getting an ERROR g++ not found in path.

$ which g++
/usr/bin/g++

after googling I added /usr/bin/g++ to "Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Path"

Linux Mint 13
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20120920-0800

Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #994097 is a reply to message #992798] Wed, 26 December 2012 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello,

open the package manager tool and Install the G++ package (Gnu C++ compiler).

Or, in a terminal try:
sudo apt-get install g++

regards,
Klaus

Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1043884 is a reply to message #994097] Thu, 18 April 2013 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brichun brichun is currently offline brichun brichunFriend
I have the same issue and i can´t resolve it.

I can´t find neither the f**l package manager nor the Terminal in which i can type the expression.

Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1067926 is a reply to message #1043884] Thu, 11 July 2013 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sandy G is currently offline Sandy GFriend
I also had the same problem. But the following worked for me.

Note that I have following environment:

Windows XP SP3

Eclipse:
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Kepler Release
Build id: 20130614-0229

C/C++ compiler:
MinGW GCC

Setup environment variable PATH to include "<MINGW_HOME>/bin" where <MINGW_HOME> is the MinGW installed directory that you have chosen in the previous step.

Now to install the g++ package:

1. Start > Run > cmd
2. At the command prompt, type the following
mingw-get install g++
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1070632 is a reply to message #992798] Thu, 18 July 2013 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David C is currently offline David CFriend
This is the solution that works for me in Ubuntu Linux.eclipse-cpp-kepler-R-linux-gtk.tar.gz

1) Remove the directory of eclipse installation. For example: rm -rf eclipse
2) If g++ was not installed yet, then install it: sudo apt-get install g++
3) Reinstall the eclipse. For example: tar zxvf eclipse-cpp-kepler-R-linux-gtk.tar.gz
4) Run the eclipse for the first time with this command: ./eclipse -initialize
5) After the initialization was done, run it as normal: ./eclipse
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1243465 is a reply to message #1067926] Tue, 11 February 2014 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vishnu Mising name is currently offline Vishnu Mising nameFriend
This did not work for me. I followed the exact steps but I still continue to get the same error.

Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1276584 is a reply to message #1243465] Mon, 24 March 2014 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s cl is currently offline s clFriend
Hi,

this helped for me:

1. Edit the project's environments settings (Properties/ C/C++ Build / Environment). If the PATH variable doesn't appear here or is not printed boldly, then cancel that dialog and edit them in Window / Preferences / C/C++ Build / Environment).
2. Make sure your PATH variable setting contains the string ':${PATH}'. It must have the curly braces around it! If the variable is already there and isn't resolved anyway, then get its value from your operating system and replace ${PATH} with that value.

(from the GIMP developer wiki)
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1404394 is a reply to message #1070632] Thu, 31 July 2014 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Hollweck is currently offline Andreas HollweckFriend
David C wrote on Thu, 18 July 2013 07:02
This is the solution that works for me in Ubuntu Linux.eclipse-cpp-kepler-R-linux-gtk.tar.gz

1) Remove the directory of eclipse installation. For example: rm -rf eclipse
2) If g++ was not installed yet, then install it: sudo apt-get install g++
3) Reinstall the eclipse. For example: tar zxvf eclipse-cpp-kepler-R-linux-gtk.tar.gz
4) Run the eclipse for the first time with this command: ./eclipse -initialize
5) After the initialization was done, run it as normal: ./eclipse

Point number four has worked for me, I didn't even had to reinstall eclipse just ran that command. Thank you
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1715974 is a reply to message #1276584] Mon, 30 November 2015 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yu Xiang ZHANG is currently offline Yu Xiang ZHANGFriend
this worked for me thanks!
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1757938 is a reply to message #992798] Wed, 22 March 2017 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerry idles is currently offline jerry idlesFriend
what I don't understand is why the super geniuses who made this couldn't even make the install work correctly. doesn't fill a guy with confidence when something as simple as installing it doesn't work right. They sure made it seem like this would compile and run c/c++ programs. Guess you'd call it false advertising but I didn't pay anything for it. What's that old adage? You get what you pay for?
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1768609 is a reply to message #992798] Thu, 20 July 2017 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Da Silva is currently offline Sébastien Da SilvaFriend
I'm having same issue.

Ubuntu 16.04.

Eclipse CDT returns "Program "powerpc-linux-gcc not found in PATH" and same for g++.

But:
toug@ubuntu:~/Test_C$ ll /usr/bin/powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Feb 11  2016 /usr/bin/powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc -> powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc-5*
toug@ubuntu:~/Test_C$ echo $PATH
/home/toug/bin:/home/toug/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin

so what's the trick?
I tried to run eclipse --initialize once, but no change.
Re: g++ not found in PATH [message #1768715 is a reply to message #1768609] Sat, 22 July 2017 06:49 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Maybe because powerpc-linux-gcc is not the same as powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc ?

Not enough info to determine why g++ isn't found.
Is it installed?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 July 2017 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:watchpoint unimplemented call
Next Topic:How do I create a simple shared object library in C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:06:48 GMT 2024