Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse don't want to compile
Eclipse don't want to compile [message #992061] Thu, 20 December 2012 19:28 Go to next message
Daniele Vergara is currently offline Daniele VergaraFriend
Hey guys,
I've just installed Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2 on my PC with Windows 8, but it don't want to compile. I also installed CDT 8.0.2.

When i try to compile my file AccountTest.cpp it gets me this error:

**** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project Homework1 ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
cl /c /EHs /MD /Zi /nologo /FoAccountTest.obj ..\AccountTest.cpp
Internal Builder: Cannot run program "cl": Launching failed
Error: Program "cl" is not found in PATH

PATH=[C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin/client;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/i386;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\MinGw\lib;c:\MinGw\bin;;C:\eclipse;]
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 139  ms.  

I've already set the environment variable "Path", adding a semicolon and typing "C:\MinGw\lib;c:\MinGw\bin;".

I'm using, as you can see, a MinGW C++ compiler.

Eclipse gives me also an error when I include whatever library. For example, when I include <iostream> it says to me "Unresolved inclusion" and so Eclipse cannot resolve any cout or cin operation. I'm sure that this depends by this error.

Can you help me?
Thank you.
Re: Eclipse don't want to compile [message #994103 is a reply to message #992061] Wed, 26 December 2012 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello,

cl is not the name of the gcc compiler, so I guess you have selected the wrong Toolchain when you create the example project.

For a test create the included "Hello Worlds" example and when you create the project, select the "MinGW GCC" toolchain.

Check you MinGW install also. Did you use the MinGW installer from this page?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-inst/

Install the compiler and the MSYS package.

Then add this to the Path:
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;

This adds the path to the compiler AND to MSYS.

regards,
Klaus

Re: Eclipse don't want to compile [message #1005622 is a reply to message #994103] Sun, 27 January 2013 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mabel kwarteng is currently offline mabel kwartengFriend
please i am using 64 bit operating system but the minGW that i see here is for 32 bit. should i download it. thanks
Re: Eclipse don't want to compile [message #1005630 is a reply to message #992061] Sun, 27 January 2013 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hi,

MinGW 32 bit works fine under Win7-64!

If you use the installer, clean up your PC, remove old not working copies of MinGW.

If you really (really?) need a 64 Bit-Version check this link:

http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/

regards,
Klaus

Re: Eclipse don't want to compile [message #1005893 is a reply to message #1005630] Tue, 29 January 2013 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mabel kwarteng is currently offline mabel kwartengFriend
pls i have downloaded the minGW but i can't find the installer setup. please help me out. thapls i have downloaded the minGW but i can't find the installer setup. please help me out. thanks.
Re: Eclipse don't want to compile [message #1006103 is a reply to message #1005893] Tue, 29 January 2013 22:09 Go to previous message
Jesse Weinstein is currently offline Jesse WeinsteinFriend
mabel kwarteng wrote on Tue, 29 January 2013 00:54
pls i have downloaded the minGW but i can't find the installer setup. please help me out. thapls i have downloaded the minGW but i can't find the installer setup. please help me out. thanks.

Please show that you have read http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ and provide version numbers, etc. Reading http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html would also likely be useful.
Previous Topic:How to exclude directory from the GNU C++ "include directory"
Next Topic:Getting Eclipse and Cygwin working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:54:41 GMT 2024