Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Getting Data from the DB to the NatTable?
Getting Data from the DB to the NatTable? [message #991950] Thu, 20 December 2012 14:35 Go to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
I have an App, where the Data are stored remotely, in a DB.
This data I need in my NatTable.

Now the problem is, that there is a lot of data, so I only need a part of it.

The filtering/sorting a probably will implement on the server side, using the DB functionality.

What would be the best way to connect the Data to the Table?
I suppose, that GlazedLists are not needed, since the Data comes from the server side, and I do not have to bind any Data to the Table?

Re: Getting Data from the DB to the NatTable? [message #991961 is a reply to message #991950] Thu, 20 December 2012 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

this goes beyond the scope of NatTable itself. What you need to do is write your own IDataProvider (or IRowDataProvider) and try to react on scrolling. You might also need to rewrite some code that will call the DB instead of working on the local list.

As we are consultants, feel free to book us for such advanced topics that are going beyond the scope of the NatTable as a widget to visualize and deal with local content. Wink

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Getting Data from the DB to the NatTable? [message #991975 is a reply to message #991961] Thu, 20 December 2012 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
Thnx Dirk, I will book you as consultants, when I stuck somewhere Smile

Regarding my question:
I have allready a IRowDataProvider, which triggers the DB.
It was unclear, whether or not I will need the GlazedLists? I suppose not, because I do not have any Lists, which I can monitor...
Re: Getting Data from the DB to the NatTable? [message #991978 is a reply to message #991975] Thu, 20 December 2012 15:32 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
GlazedLists is an extension to the NatTable. So no, you don't need that. You can build NatTables without using GlazedLists at all, it usually simplifies stuff a lot.
Previous Topic:about ListDataProvider.getRowObject(int rowIndex) Method of use
Next Topic:Complex Table Structure using NatTable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:38:04 GMT 2024