Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Where can I change the background colour of the suggestion popups?
Where can I change the background colour of the suggestion popups? [message #991941] Thu, 20 December 2012 14:18 Go to next message
daniel mouritsen is currently offline daniel mouritsenFriend
When I hover over a error, and it give me suggestions how to fix this (as in, importing the relevant classes, implementing missing methods etc etc). This is done in narrow blue writing on a black background, and is borderline impossible to read. I tend to use this feature quite alot for importing classes, so its fairly annoying.

How can I fix this?

I'm on 4.1.2 running on Arch Linux, I don't want to break my gtk theme (as in change this in my theme. The theme works perfectly fine with all other applications on the workstation, and I don't want to compromise this).

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2012 14:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where can I change the background colour of the suggestion popups? [message #992055 is a reply to message #991941] Thu, 20 December 2012 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

On one side you could tweak the colors of your linux install, on the other side you can change lots of colors used in Eclipse in the Eclipse preference menu.

Preferences:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Z7zbELLkmVo/UNNifunVV6I/AAAAAAAAKdI/Ec0EKdHNoVs/s813/Color+1.png

Results:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wLFA_ZgtxiM/UNNiforIqjI/AAAAAAAAKdE/nSruBdKnvFY/s800/Color+2.png

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: Where can I change the background colour of the suggestion popups? [message #992136 is a reply to message #992055] Fri, 21 December 2012 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniel mouritsen is currently offline daniel mouritsenFriend
thank you very much for taking the time to make this detailed answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Linux. I just checked, the change works fine on OSX, but does nothing on Linux. In the same way as the marketplace links doesn't work etc. etc. I suppose eclipse on Linux is not really a priority :/
Re: Where can I change the background colour of the suggestion popups? [message #992142 is a reply to message #992136] Fri, 21 December 2012 00:41 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 12/20/2012 05:17 PM, daniel mouritsen wrote:
> thank you very much for taking the time to make this detailed answer.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Linux. I just checked, the change
> works fine on OSX, but does nothing on Linux. In the same way as the
> marketplace links doesn't work etc. etc. I suppose eclipse on Linux is
> not really a priority :/

I've resorted to changing appearance. For example, on Lucid (under
Gnome), I use Clearlooks.
Previous Topic:after import existing jsf project aplication not work
Next Topic:How to Install Plug-ins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:37:26 GMT 2024