Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » import registered package
import registered package [message #991583] Wed, 19 December 2012 19:48 Go to next message
Ann barry is currently offline Ann barryFriend
Hello everyone

when you made right click on model in the model explorer and then import and then import registered package you 'll find "MARTE library"

1-How can i use MARTE library in my diagram ? should i need to drag and drop its element to model editor or only imported?

2-and what is the difference between "import registered package" and "import registered profile"?

3-and what is the correct use of each on of them?

Regards
Ann
Re: import registered package [message #992312 is a reply to message #991583] Fri, 21 December 2012 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Ann,

When dealing with profiles, you should always distinguish two cases: "Extend the profile/library" (Import), and "Use the profile/library" (Apply).

"Import registered profile" is useful when you want to create new stereotypes extending Marte. In all other cases, you should use "Apply registered profile". The same goes for Marte libraries. I think they shouldn't be imported by the model. They will be made available when you apply the Marte profile.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: import registered package [message #1009289 is a reply to message #992312] Thu, 14 February 2013 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

when i try to specify the properties of a stereotype such as "unit type" of "clocktype "stereotype i specify it through properties view and then press .. button to select "time unit kind" from the imported MARTE library
see attachment
Does those steps right?
i know how to apply registered profile (MARTE)but don't know how to apply MARTE library?

Regards
Re: import registered package [message #1009324 is a reply to message #992312] Thu, 14 February 2013 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dieter Van Eessen is currently offline Dieter Van EessenFriend
Hi,

My guess would be that a model library must always be imported and a profile must always be applied. Although after applying the profile to the base package (in properties view), both the MARTE model library and the profile are added as 'Additional resources'.

If the MARTE model library resides within 'Additional resources' you can select it as a type for a certain model element.

'Manually' loading resources is also possible by opening the .uml-file of your model with the UML-model-editor and right click within this view and select 'load resource'.

Is there a difference between typing a model element with:
1) an element from a model library as 'Additional Resource' OR 2) an element from an imported model library?

Kind regards,
Dieter
Re: import registered package [message #1012982 is a reply to message #992312] Fri, 22 February 2013 15:05 Go to previous message
Hi Camille,

could you please check it?

Regards
Previous Topic:Papyrus/EMF to Er Diagram/DDL
Next Topic:Diagram not navigable in Kepler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:41:40 GMT 2024