Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » problem with trying the editor as Eclipse Application
problem with trying the editor as Eclipse Application [message #991496] Wed, 19 December 2012 14:19 Go to next message
Barbara Xiong is currently offline Barbara XiongFriend
Hi,

I follow the Getting Started part of the Xtext tutorial. I wrote a grammar of my DSL, and choosed Run As -> Generate Xtext Artifacts, then I selected Run As -> Eclipse Application in order to give my DSL editor a try. However, in the Eclipse Application, after I New a project and a file with the proper suffix, no Pop-up is shown to ask whether want to add the Xtext nature. What's more wierd is that when I type the keyword of my DSL in the editor, the keyword is not colored purple. What can I do to fix this problem

I'm a rookie. your answer would be a big help for me Smile
Re: problem with trying the editor as Eclipse Application [message #991787 is a reply to message #991496] Thu, 20 December 2012 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Seems that your plugins are not deployed properly. First you could check Help/About Eclipse/Configuration Details/Plugins and look if it is there. Next, look in the console output of your development workbench if there are any notes on missing requirements. Any other hints maybe in the error log?

Regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: problem with trying the editor as Eclipse Application [message #993133 is a reply to message #991787] Sun, 23 December 2012 13:44 Go to previous message
Barbara Xiong is currently offline Barbara XiongFriend
Thx for your help

And I find the project of my editor was not stored under the install path of Xtext. After changing the project's location into <install path of Xtext>\runtime-EclipseApplication, the problem has been solved.
Previous Topic:How to get rid of obsolete validation errors?
Next Topic:Reference Question for a goto like statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:47:25 GMT 2024