Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse debugger stops at dl_main(No source available for "dl_main() ")
Eclipse debugger stops at dl_main [message #991426] Wed, 19 December 2012 03:29 Go to next message
Doug Abbott is currently offline Doug AbbottFriend
I haven't found anything on the forums that addresses this one. I'm running Eclipse Indigo CDT on a Fedora 17 virtual machine under VirtualBox. When I debug my application, gdb stops at dl_main and, naturally, says "No source available for 'dl_main()'". The really interesting thing is, if I Resume twice, it will go to main() and then everything is fine.

When I run gdb from a shell it works OK and of course running the program succeeds. Any thoughts here?

Thanks.
Re: Eclipse debugger stops at dl_main [message #991600 is a reply to message #991426] Wed, 19 December 2012 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Are you using the DSF GDB integration? I've seen this problem with the "standard" gdb integration.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_can_I_choose_another_debugger_integration_for_CDT.3F

Marc
Re: Eclipse debugger stops at dl_main [message #991708 is a reply to message #991600] Thu, 20 December 2012 02:51 Go to previous message
Doug Abbott is currently offline Doug AbbottFriend
I had a startup problem using the DSF integration involving some Python code. Found a thread about that one and decided the sensible thing to do was upgrade to Juno. Everything seems good now. Thanks for the tip.
Previous Topic:CDT builds simple project very slowly
Next Topic:Undefined Reference to GMP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:34:30 GMT 2024