Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EVL] Problem running a evl file
[EVL] Problem running a evl file [message #991369] Tue, 18 December 2012 19:33 Go to next message
Sebastian Rivera is currently offline Sebastian RiveraFriend
Hi , I'm having the following problem:

i have my evl file ,it does the validation all ok but when i modify any value in the model that the constraint checks, like changing a attribute name of a class to another. When i run the validation again it keeps like a copy of the model in the cache and still sees the old value of the attribute. So i have to close eclipse and open it again and then if i run the evl file again it works as intended.

In resume it looks like for the purpose of the evl it keeps looking a old model saved in the cache without the modifications that i could have done after the first time i run the evl file.I don't know how to fix the problem ,I have tried checking and testing the different options on the "Configure EMF models" window but without any good result.

I'm using Eclipse Indigo and the version 1.0.0.201211082326 of Epsilon

If you need more info or anything please tell me and also sorry for my English since its not my native language

Thx a lot for the help in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2012 19:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EVL] Problem running a evl file [message #991394 is a reply to message #991369] Tue, 18 December 2012 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Sebastian,

Could you please put together a minimal example [1] that reproduces the problem you're encountering so that I can investigate?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EVL] Problem running a evl file [message #991412 is a reply to message #991394] Tue, 18 December 2012 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used the Example "Validate an OO model against a DB model with EVL" and produced the same problem. I'm gonna attach a .zip with the .ecore , .model , .evl and the launch options i used.

Here is the steps that always reproduce the problem.

1- Register the Epackage of OO.ecore and DB.ecore
2- I Run the evl file and doesnt show any error because there is a Table for each class
3- I change the name of the table from T_Class1 to T_Class11
4- Run the evl again and it tells me "No table found for class Class1"
5- I change the name of the table back to T_Class1
6- Run the evl again and it still tells me the "No table found for class Class1" message

If i close and open again eclipse it takes like it should the changes made on Step 5

I Know its a cache like problem because if i change in the evl on the line 7 from t.name to t.nae
it will tell me that the property doesnt exist and it will show me what really is reading with the message
"Property 'nae' not found in object Table [name=T_Class11, ]" and with that i can see that its not reading the change i did on the model in step 5

Thx again for all the help Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2012 23:59]

Re: [EVL] Problem running a evl file [message #991461 is a reply to message #991412] Wed, 19 December 2012 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

After you run your EVL launch configuration, you should inspect any unsatisfied constraints and then click the green play-like button in the Validation view to finalise its execution before you can run it again.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EVL] Problem running a evl file [message #991591 is a reply to message #991461] Wed, 19 December 2012 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It worked, didnt knew i had to do that after each run of the EVL file when it finds a unsatisfied constraint, its there anyway to make it finalise each time i run the EVL file again without pressing that button?

Thanks again for the help Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2012 20:19]

Re: [EVL] Problem running a evl file [message #991595 is a reply to message #991591] Wed, 19 December 2012 20:27 Go to previous message

This is not supported I'm afraid but please feel free to file an enhancement request [1] and we'll try to get this fixed. Another option would be to run EVL through its ANT task (<epsilon.evl>).

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EMFT.Epsilon
Previous Topic:[EGL] How to show in a static section different symbols?
Next Topic:[EGL] How to access classes from certain package?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:01:22 GMT 2024