Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Customizing Eclipse Wizards(I want to reuse eclipse in-built wizard (e.g. wizard on File->New, File->Import or File->Export) for my application )
Customizing Eclipse Wizards [message #991193] Mon, 17 December 2012 16:43 Go to next message
Snehil Shrivastava is currently offline Snehil ShrivastavaFriend
Hi All,

I am creating eclipse application where I need to create new file and export files to some other file format.

I have added menu items using eclipse default command id like org.eclipse.ui.newWizard and org.eclipse.ui.file.export. On click of these menus an eclipse default wizard appears.

Is it possible to customize these wizards as per my requirements? I want to reuse few of existing options provided by eclipse.

Or do I have to write code to create new wizard as per my requirements?

Thanks
Snehil Shrivastava
Re: Customizing Eclipse Wizards [message #991473 is a reply to message #991193] Wed, 19 December 2012 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajinkya Dhumal is currently offline Ajinkya DhumalFriend
Hi Snehil,

You can try using WizardNewFileCreationPage class. This is standard main page for a wizard that creates a file resource.
Otherwise you can create your own wizard. Following tutorial gives brief idea of new wizard creation.

http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseWizards/article.html

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Thanks & Regards,
Ajinkya
Re: Customizing Eclipse Wizards [message #1003291 is a reply to message #991473] Sun, 20 January 2013 22:07 Go to previous message
Johnny Qin is currently offline Johnny QinFriend
Hi Snehil,

Some of the wizards you can customize by creating subclasses and overriding certain methods, while some of them you are not allowed to extend, for example, you cannot extend ExternalProjectImportWizard although I really wish we can.
Previous Topic:table cell editor does not deactivate and commit the value when save command is invoked
Next Topic:How to override/modify a perspective layout from another plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:35:57 GMT 2024