Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How to clean unused plugins from shared bundle pool(Want to get rid of large amount of obsolete plugin versions without deleting the bundle pool)
How to clean unused plugins from shared bundle pool [message #991000] Sun, 16 December 2012 18:31 Go to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi,

I've been using a P2 shared bundle pool for all my Eclipse installs for years now. (actually using the Pulse Explorer, but that shouldn't matter).

As I'm testing our own product Eclipse plugins, I install nightly builds and milestones very frequently and so, over time, I'm accumulating a massive amount of versions of the same plugins in the shared bundle pool, most of which I don't need anymore after upgrading to the next milestone.

I'm running low on disk space and I want to get rid of the plugins and feature versions that are not getting used by any of my local Eclipse instances. The only way I've found to do this is to delete the entire bundle pool once a year and re-install from scratch ... that can't be the solution!

Any tips? How do you manage a large amount of Eclipse installations and their plugins? Especially when switching plugin versions every couple of weeks, how do you deal with the high amount of obsolete versions in the bundle pool?

I've been searching for an answer to this for a long time and could not find anything, neither in this forum nor anywhere else. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks a bunch!
Re: How to clean unused plugins from shared bundle pool [message #1717247 is a reply to message #991000] Fri, 11 December 2015 01:25 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
I have the same question.
Previous Topic:Can't uninstall RCP feature patch
Next Topic:Feature update is not reported after first updating the nested feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:50:50 GMT 2024