Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » AbstractSqlService.getSequenceNextval() specific to Oracle
AbstractSqlService.getSequenceNextval() specific to Oracle [message #990961] Sat, 15 December 2012 13:10 Go to next message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
I noticed that the implementation of getSequenceNextval() in AbstractSqlService is specific to Oracle.

The class is abstract, so there is no need to implement every method. Of course someone could say that the implementor of a driver specific class, has to implement it.

From my point of view it could be considered as a bug, and i started to file it as such on bugzilla to record the fact for some time later(Perhaps when i will manage to use the Git, or someone else will bother to change it), but i would like to ask for your opinion.

Do you think that is worth to file such a bug?

Re: AbstractSqlService.getSequenceNextval() specific to Oracle [message #991027 is a reply to message #990961] Mon, 17 December 2012 06:26 Go to previous message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi

Yes, you're absolutely right. This method should be abstract so it won't be forgotten to overwrite if the Driver implementation is written. Please do open a bug for this and consider this a free-pass to open a bug for any similar issue.

Thanks and greetings
Stephan
Previous Topic:Radiobutton group vertical aligned
Next Topic:JAX-WS and type substitution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:10:33 GMT 2024