Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Create elements that derive from rptlibrary using Designer API(LabelHandle label = elementFactory.newLabel( null ); )
Create elements that derive from rptlibrary using Designer API [message #990692] Thu, 13 December 2012 20:07 Go to next message
ivkina Mising name is currently offline ivkina Mising nameFriend
Hello,
We are testing BIRT Designer API to create some reports on the fly at runtime. So far it works but we seems can't find a way how to create an item in a report that derives from an item defined in rptlibrary. For example, I can add a label to a grid dynamically:
GridHandle grid = elementFactory.newGridItem("QR_VertGrid", 2, 5);
CellHandle g_cell = grid.getCell(0, 0);
LabelHandle label = elementFactory.newLabel(null);
label.setText("Test Label");
g_cell.getContent().add(label);

but I can't find a method that would allow me to create a label that would be a subclass of the one that is defined in my rptlibrary. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Aleksey
Re: Create elements that derive from rptlibrary using Designer API [message #990919 is a reply to message #990692] Fri, 14 December 2012 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivkina Mising name is currently offline ivkina Mising nameFriend
looks like you can use elementFactory.newElementFrom(libHandle.findElement("CP_LabelCntl"), null);

where libHandle is LibraryHandle to your library. It works for labels.

However, I cannot make it work for DataItemHandle. The element seems to be created but when I run a report I am getting an error saying "data expression required". I tried this code:
ComputedColumn binding = StructureFactory.createComputedColumn();
binding.setName("MyBinding_COLUMN1");
binding.setExpression("dataSetRow[\"COLUMN1\"]");
binding.setDataType(DesignChoiceConstants.COLUMN_DATA_TYPE_DECIMAL);
table.getColumnBindings().addItem(binding);
DataItemHandle data = (DataItemHandle) elementFactory.newElementFrom(libHandle.findElement("CP_DecimalCntl"), binding.getName());
data.setResultSetColumn(binding.getName());
cell.getContent().add(data);

Michael, Jason,
Would you please take a look? The question is how to create a data item element that derives from the library using Designer API and then how to assign a dataset column to this item? This is BIRT 3.7.1. Thanks!
Re: Create elements that derive from rptlibrary using Designer API [message #991405 is a reply to message #990919] Tue, 18 December 2012 22:33 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sorry for the delay. You're trying to add a binding to a table using the DEAPI and then also create a data element within based on a data element from your library? Is the field used, in the dataSet you use for the table? Can you possibly attach a sample library and report and describe what you're wanting to see, based on those, so I can get a good visual? Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Height of Report Viewer embedded in iframe
Next Topic:Connection Pool in Birt Viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:59:39 GMT 2024