Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Error launching Eclipse Application from Vogella Tutorial
Error launching Eclipse Application from Vogella Tutorial [message #990606] Thu, 13 December 2012 12:08 Go to next message
Michael Kornmann is currently offline Michael KornmannFriend
I try to convert multiple Eclipse plugins into a single RCP-Application as described in Vogellas Tutorial . When i launch the application i get the following error "java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found".
But i added all required Plugins/Features

Where is my mistake ?
Re: Error launching Eclipse Application from Vogella Tutorial [message #990745 is a reply to message #990606] Fri, 14 December 2012 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

From Vogellas Tutorial

Check that all required plug-ins are included in your run configuration. Make sure that your product defines dependencies to all required plug-ins or features.

Bundles may also require a certain version of the Java virtual machine, e.g. a bundle may require Java 1.6 and will therefore not load in a Java 1.5 VM. Check the MANIFEST.MF file on the Overview tab in the Execution Environments section which Java version is required.

So open your run configuration and switch to plugin tab. CLICK add required plugin like following in image .
http://www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse3RCP/images/launchconfiguration30.png

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 05:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error launching Eclipse Application from Vogella Tutorial [message #990951 is a reply to message #990745] Sat, 15 December 2012 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Verify that the generated jars have their plugin.xml files included. If they don't, you'll need to open the Build tab in the bundle's manifest editor and mark the plugin.xml as to-be-included.

Brian.
Re: Error launching Eclipse Application from Vogella Tutorial [message #991022 is a reply to message #990951] Mon, 17 December 2012 05:30 Go to previous message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

Hi Brian,
I think this error is not because of not included plugin.xml . I think it because of some plugins could be missing.
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4 RCP getting parts via EPartService
Next Topic:Feature based product: find required features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:09:47 GMT 2024