Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. (How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. )
How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. [message #990598] Thu, 13 December 2012 11:40 Go to next message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

I'm creating one RCP in Eclipse 4.2. My question is like for each menu and toolbar we can use command and handler concept is there is any slandered way to use command and handler concept for SWT component of any part.

Like if i have a part in that part i created 1 button and i want to call a command when it'll click. So except executing command inside action, do we have any other way so that like menu we can resister our command for particular button or may be for others widget.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 December 2012 12:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. [message #990953 is a reply to message #990598] Sat, 15 December 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You can obtain the ICommandService and IHandlerService and use them to execute the command. Or use JFace's MenuManager and the CommandContributionItem to manage the menus.

Brian.
Re: How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. [message #991021 is a reply to message #990953] Mon, 17 December 2012 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think your are talking about following.
Command command = iCommandService.getCommand("your command");
final Event trigger = new Event();
ExecutionEvent executionEvent = iHandlerService.createExecutionEvent(command, trigger);
try {
	command.executeWithChecks(executionEvent);
} catch (Exception e1) {
	e1.printStackTrace();
}	

If yes than that i know , What i want is like in case of menu and toolbar we just resister the command . like that is there is any way to do same for button and all in Part GUI.
Re: How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. [message #991079 is a reply to message #991021] Mon, 17 December 2012 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Certainly nothing that I'm aware of -- that code snippet you included is it.

Brian.
Re: How to use Command and Handler concept for SWT Widget. [message #991114 is a reply to message #991079] Mon, 17 December 2012 12:01 Go to previous message

Hmm, Ok Brian.

Thanks for replying .Smile
Previous Topic:Multiple workspaces cause RCP app to load IDE workspace
Next Topic:Read resource from "Plug-in from existing JAR archives"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:26:41 GMT 2024