Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Filter projects based on active perspective
Filter projects based on active perspective [message #990586] Thu, 13 December 2012 10:01 Go to next message
Sverre Moe is currently offline Sverre MoeFriend
Is it possible to filter the view in Package Explorer/Project Explorer/Navigator based on perspectives?

While working in the C++ Perspective, I don't want my Java projects listing under Package/Project explorer. Same when working in the Java/JavaEE perspective I don't want my C++ projects listed/shown.

Is this possible to achieve? If not I was thinking of reporting it as an enhancement.

I could however keep one workspace for Java and another for C++, but then whats the point with perspectives.
Re: Filter projects based on active perspective [message #990624 is a reply to message #990586] Thu, 13 December 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I think Eclipse has the Working Set concepts for grouping and hiding/showing projects. Try using that. The perspective is more about the arrangement and grouping of parts rather than their content.
Re: Filter projects based on active perspective [message #990627 is a reply to message #990624] Thu, 13 December 2012 13:54 Go to previous message
Sverre Moe is currently offline Sverre MoeFriend
I can filter away C++/Java projects under Project/Package explorer and Navigator, but that is not specific to the perspective.

Filtering away C++ projects when in Java perspective and then going over to the C++ perspective does not automatically filter away Java projects and unfilter C++ projects. Opening the C++ perspective the C++ projects are still filtered away.

I see no other options than to keep 2 separate workspaces each for Java and C++.
Previous Topic:Redo/Undo Typing is not working properly for XML Files
Next Topic:Transitioning to Eclipse 4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:15:47 GMT 2024