Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » I18N - Modern Eclipse Messages Class doesn't show
I18N - Modern Eclipse Messages Class doesn't show [message #990531] Wed, 12 December 2012 22:22 Go to next message
Daniele Marotta is currently offline Daniele MarottaFriend
Hi,
as descript at:
h**ps://developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/wbpro/features/internationalization

i'm trying to use the I18N function, but the "New NLS strings source" dialog proposes me only three options:

Classic Eclipse messages class
Direct ResourceBundle usage
ResourceBundle in field

But the "Modern Eclipse messages class" is missing.

Does anybody know the reason why that option is hidden?

Thanks
Re: I18N - Modern Eclipse Messages Class doesn't show [message #990554 is a reply to message #990531] Thu, 13 December 2012 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
"Modern Eclipse messages class" is available only for SWT/RCP.
It requires org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS class to work.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: I18N - Modern Eclipse Messages Class doesn't show [message #1005285 is a reply to message #990554] Thu, 24 January 2013 19:28 Go to previous message
Michael Prentice is currently offline Michael PrenticeFriend
Is there any way to get WindowBuilder to use "Modern Eclipse messages"? Even if it won't generate them for a Swing project.

We use WindowBuilder but we are in the process of converting a portion of our project from non-externalized to "modern Eclipse" externalized strings using the built in Eclipse 'Externalize Strings...' functionality along with the org.eclipse.osgi libraries.

This has gone well, but now our WindowBuilder does not seem to be able to understand the strings (they work fine in the running app). It prints them all as "NLS missing message: x".

When I open the 'Externalize Strings' option in WindowBuilder, it lists no existing sources.

We are currently using the Juno 4.2 release of Eclipse and WindowBuilder. Is this resolved in a more recent build or release?

I had read in a lot of the WindowBuilder documentation that with the releases sync'd with Eclipse now that the goal was going to be able to keep up to date with the latest changes in Eclipse. But this feature went into Eclipse back in 3.1, so I guess it hasn't been done yet?

More information about the 'modern Eclipse messages' that I am referring to can be found here:
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-core/documents/3.1/message_bundles.html

Thank you.

Michael Prentice
GDG Space Coast

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2013 19:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Preview pane does not receive focus
Next Topic:Frameworks Missing Packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:22:05 GMT 2024