Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » History of Orion
History of Orion [message #990444] Wed, 12 December 2012 14:02 Go to next message
Thomas Stödtler is currently offline Thomas StödtlerFriend
Hi,

I am a student of business and information systems in Germany and I've chosen to write a paper about Orion in my class "working with and for Eclipse".

As there are no real sources for the history of Orion I hoped to find some help here in the forums.

Therefore a few questions:
Does anybody of you know when and why this project was started? Who had the idea of creating a web development tool in the web? Were there some planned features that never saw the light?

It also would be great if someone could recommend some features that one thinks should get a high focus in the paper.

I am very thankful for every answer and I hope that my questions are not annoying, cause most of the questions in the forum are technical nature.

Thanks in advance!

Re: History of Orion [message #990684 is a reply to message #990444] Thu, 13 December 2012 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Walker is currently offline Ken WalkerFriend
Do you want to contact me via email? I'm sure I can point you in the right direction. I haven't posted enough here apparently to be able to post links, that's why I suggest an email.

ken_walker {@} ca.ibm.com

Thanks,
Ken
Re: History of Orion [message #1024009 is a reply to message #990684] Mon, 25 March 2013 16:24 Go to previous message
Leo R is currently offline Leo RFriend
Hello Thomas,

hope your project went fine. I'd be interested to read your resulting paper, maybe you can make it accessible?

Thanks,
Leo
Previous Topic:uriTemplate heigh/width hints ignored for iframe
Next Topic:Servlet in Orion server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:26:32 GMT 2024