Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » designbehaviour of custom awt-container(how to implement beans behaviour in designmode )
designbehaviour of custom awt-container [message #990387] Wed, 12 December 2012 09:27 Go to next message
Stefan M is currently offline Stefan MFriend
I have an custom awt-bean similar to JTabbedPane. I want it to work like JTabbedPane in design mode, so that when clicking a tabb then that tabb is chosen and the component in it is shown.
Is this possible ?
If not, is it possible if the bean inherits JPanel ?
How to do it the correct way ?
/Stefan

Re: designbehaviour of custom awt-container [message #990528 is a reply to message #990387] Wed, 12 December 2012 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I have no doubt that it is possible. You should look at the WB support code for JTabbedPane. That widget requires custom UI behavior in the editor, so you would need to do something similar for your own widget.
Re: designbehaviour of custom awt-container [message #990875 is a reply to message #990528] Fri, 14 December 2012 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I'm new to eclipse and it doesn't seems to be trivial.
Please describe these steps as generally and easily as possible (assuming I know java but not eclipse/wb/swt/emf/gef):
which classes needs to be inherited and which interfaces implemented.
how to attach/configure it to eclipse/wb so it works.
best regards Stefan

Re: designbehaviour of custom awt-container [message #990934 is a reply to message #990875] Sat, 15 December 2012 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
You are correct that it is not trivial.

If you don't take the time to first learn Eclipse/WB/SWT/GEF (not sure about EMF in this case), it would be downright impossible.

I'm sorry, but there are not enough hours in the day to provide help at the level you are requesting it. I highly suggest learning about Eclipse plugin development first (I can recommend a good book on that subject if necessary). Modest understanding of SWT and GEF should be acquired as well. As to WB, download the source from the repo at Eclipse.org and look at the hundreds of widget examples provided...especially the support for JTabbedPane. If after you have cloned and tweaked that code to satisfy your needs, you are still having problems getting it to work, post some sample code here, and we will be glad to get you over the last few hurdles. What we won't do is write your code for you.
Re: designbehaviour of custom awt-container [message #991033 is a reply to message #990934] Mon, 17 December 2012 07:00 Go to previous message
Thanks! Now I know where to start. best regards Stefan

Previous Topic:XWT - creating object inside a composite of a component
Next Topic:Encoding with Eclipse 4.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:17:30 GMT 2024