Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6
Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #990118] Mon, 10 December 2012 23:30 Go to next message
Sebastian Boccardi is currently offline Sebastian BoccardiFriend
I followed the tutorial for deploying the application on a tomcat6. The server part seems to be working ok... i can enter to the /process url and see sessions, etc....

On the same tomcat I deployed the RAP_UI but when i go to the /web URL it brings a blank page. I'm attaching the Source of the page. There it seems to be something working....

There is nothing on the logs....

The application runs fine inside eclipse, i also validated the productions files for the RAP bundle...

Is there some logging switch for the RAP layer i could turn on?

Sebastian
  • Attachment: source.txt
    (Size: 4.08KB, Downloaded 370 times)
Re: Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #990176 is a reply to message #990118] Tue, 11 December 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
Did you also check the .log within the workspace?

upon my experience with RAP you always have to check the standard server log files but also the .log file within the temporary workspace.
Re: Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #990198 is a reply to message #990176] Tue, 11 December 2012 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What workspace are you referring?

If it´s eclipse´s, the application works fine there so i don´t think the logs would be much help....

If you refer to the application running on the tomcat server, where would those logs be?

Sebastian
Re: Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #990204 is a reply to message #990198] Tue, 11 December 2012 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
at the time beeing I don't have a tomcat on hand to name you the exact location.

with glassfish it is under a directory "generated"

within your webapp directory search for a subdirectory "workspace" and therein ".metadata"...as far as i remember there you could find a .log file in case of troubles

Rene
Re: Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #990209 is a reply to message #990204] Tue, 11 December 2012 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i found the workspace directories in tomcat. But there is no .log files....
Re: Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #990510 is a reply to message #990118] Wed, 12 December 2012 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
You could connect to the osgi console using telnet (on windows). With the osgi console you can easily check if your bundles have been started successfully.
To do so, you need to activate it in the config.ini. Just add the property osgi.console (if it's not already there) and set a port, for example osgi.console=9999. You probably need to clean the work folder of tomcat after doing so.
Re: Deploying RAP UI on tomcat6 [message #992147 is a reply to message #990510] Fri, 21 December 2012 00:57 Go to previous message
ok, i couldn't get any info from the osgi console, because the application was deploying correctly it seems. But in the chrome console there was some error accessing resources, so the problem was the server was denying access to some files, in account of a bad configured security filter.....

thanks for the help!
Previous Topic:Wizard prevent next step
Next Topic:org.eclipse.scout.parent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:04:45 GMT 2024