Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Evaluate the activeWhen expression at runtime(beginner)
Evaluate the activeWhen expression at runtime [message #990088] Mon, 10 December 2012 20:22 Go to next message
Andrea Richiardi is currently offline Andrea RichiardiFriend
Hi guys, I have a little problem...

I have a huge condition that a handler has to follow for getting active.
The fact is that the condition checks the selection and for some reason I need to check all my conditions again when my selection changes.

Now, I know you can evaluate a single PropertyTester using the IEvaluationService, but my condition is a mix of "standard" iterate/test and "custom" PropertyTester.

Is there a way to run a requestEvaluation on the whole activeWhen condition?
Or, alternatively, is there a way to run it on a custom definition extension that includes all these conditions?

I really appreciate any kind of help! Rolling Eyes

Thanks.
Re: Evaluate the activeWhen expression at runtime [message #990101 is a reply to message #990088] Mon, 10 December 2012 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Richiardi is currently offline Andrea RichiardiFriend
To elaborate on the problem, I have noticed that PropertyTester(s) are called before calling the selectionListener(s) triggered after registering with addPostSelectionListener/addSelectionListener. That is why my previous code doesn't work (it's always a "selection" behind).
Re: Evaluate the activeWhen expression at runtime [message #990188 is a reply to message #990101] Tue, 11 December 2012 10:31 Go to previous message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Hi, could you post here your activeWhen expression?
Previous Topic:How to edit values of specific nodes of workbench.xml
Next Topic:Creating and initializing a view based on some initial data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:04:51 GMT 2024