Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to display a table and a chart in a report in Browser?
How to display a table and a chart in a report in Browser? [message #989881] Sun, 09 December 2012 09:02 Go to next message
Hunter Lee is currently offline Hunter LeeFriend
Hi,

The version is 4.2.1. I use it in a windows7 32bit OS.

There are a table in top of report and a chart in bottom of report in a tabulate statistics report. So, a .rptdesign report contains a chart element. In designer, i can choose 'Preview' to preview the report in the report editor, and the report will display the table and chart successfully. When i choose the 'View Report in Web Viewer' or 'View Report as HTML' in tool bar in designer, the report will display the table successfully, but not display the chart. As the same result, i use the URL(.../MyApp/frameset?__report=tabulateReport.rptdesign&__showtitle=false&__toolbar=false) to access the report in a Tomcat. I copied the .jar files from \birt-charts-4_2_1\DeploymentRuntime\chart-viewer-sample.war\WEB-INF\lib to \MyApp\WEB-INF\lib beore I start up the Tomcat.
Now, i want to know how to display a table and a chart in a report in Browser? Could you give me a sample or a developer guide line?

Thanks!
Hunter.
Re: How to display a table and a chart in a report in Browser? [message #989899 is a reply to message #989881] Sun, 09 December 2012 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

When you view in the web viewer, it's not just on the next page? If you were to run in tomcat, replacing "frameset", with "run", in your URL, what do you see? If you don't see both, can you attach your report that's not working for you?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to display a table and a chart in a report in Browser? [message #990007 is a reply to message #989899] Mon, 10 December 2012 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter Lee is currently offline Hunter LeeFriend
I am sorry. I made a mistake, when i made the report.
When i modified the error, it could display a table and a chart in a report in Browser.
Thank you all the same.
Re: How to display a table and a chart in a report in Browser? [message #990073 is a reply to message #990007] Mon, 10 December 2012 18:02 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Web Service Data Source not working in Webviewer
Next Topic:Dynamic width
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:26:59 GMT 2024