Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » where is it?(Installed PDT, but it's not showing up)
where is it? [message #989877] Sun, 09 December 2012 08:07 Go to next message
Terence Kearns is currently offline Terence KearnsFriend
Hi, I've just downloaded and installed Eclipse Classic Version: 4.2.0 Build id: I20120608-1400

I did "Install New Software" from
The Eclipse Project Updates - http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.2

and got
PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature 3.1.1.201209101312 org.eclipse.php.sdk.feature.group Eclipse.org

It is now listed on the "Installed Software" tab of the "Eclipse SDK Installation Details" dialog.

** problem **

I cannot find PHP anywhere in Preferences.
For all intents and purposes it's missing in the platform UI.

** additional info **

I have another instance of eclipse in a different folder (for Android development). It also has PDT, but that one has issues, and I cannot set up a debugging profile for PHP. Hence I tried a fresh distro.
Re: where is it? [message #991222 is a reply to message #989877] Mon, 17 December 2012 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Dhaliwal is currently offline Jay DhaliwalFriend

Have you tried looking into importing php plugin http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/help/html/importing_php_user_libraries.htm
Re: where is it? [message #991237 is a reply to message #991222] Mon, 17 December 2012 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terence Kearns is currently offline Terence KearnsFriend
Thanks for the reply, but I am not having trouble accessing PHP scripts, so importing PHP user libraries is not my concern.

My issue is that the PHP plugin for eclipse is listed as installed, but the PHP elements of the Eclipse platform are not showing up. For instance, 'PHP Project' because the option is not available. I can't access PHP preferences, because there is no PHP section in my preferences dialog box.
Re: where is it? [message #994546 is a reply to message #989877] Thu, 27 December 2012 16:25 Go to previous message
Chris Gyle is currently offline Chris GyleFriend
It is now listed on the "Installed Software" tab of the "Eclipse SDK Installation Details" dialog.

Previous Topic:Black screen flashes
Next Topic:Is it possible to specify resource filters for the entire workspace (not just individual projects)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:23:24 GMT 2024