Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unresolved Inclusion
Unresolved Inclusion [message #989540] Thu, 06 December 2012 16:44 Go to next message
Ethan Hennard is currently offline Ethan HennardFriend
I have Eclipse Juno installed and the CDT properly configured (To my knowledge) with the CDT and it is connected to the MinGW compiler (Other issue I fixed myself).

However I'm getting a Unresolved Inclusion error in a simple Hello World program

Screenshot included:

I'm all out of ideas and I can't seem to find decent support for Juno so if someone knows how to fix this issue I'd be glad to hear it! Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
Solution:
Well I ended up figuring it out, the autodiscovery feature works just not for existing projects before you install MinGW. (I know I was weird and installed the CDT before MinGW) Anyways as soon as I started a new project everything worked as it should until it came time to test run my small program. That didn't work. I got fed up and uninstalled the CDT and went with another IDE. Thanks to those of you who helped me out though.
  • Attachment: Error.jpg
    (Size: 225.75KB, Downloaded 297 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 15 December 2012 15:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #989590 is a reply to message #989540] Thu, 06 December 2012 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas   is currently offline Thomas Friend
The reason why "System" is unresolved is because there is no such function... it must be all lowercase.

As for why the inclusion is unresolved, I'm unsure why automatic discovery did not work for you (and I do not have it installed on a Windows machine to test out), maybe someone else will be able to help. However, you should be able to add the path to MinGW's includes by right-clicking on the project, which will take care of your other errors.

Note that once you change the case of System, if you actually build it, it should build and run fine.
Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #989756 is a reply to message #989590] Fri, 07 December 2012 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the program appears to build correctly. However, when I run it I get a "Launch failed. Binary not found." issue. How exactly would I add the path to MinGW's includes? Should I try and see if it will detect Cygwin with gcc?

Edit: Are there other options out there other than using a UNIX based compiler like gcc? Say a native Windows compiler? Or is using the UNIX based one the best way to go?I'm pretty clueless on this subject as I'm new to the whole computer realm in general.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2012 15:23]

Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #989797 is a reply to message #989756] Fri, 07 December 2012 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The binary issue is because you need actually select the binary you want to run. Find it in the project explorer.

Try getting the automatic discovery to work by going to Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Settings -> Discovery [tab] -> [...] Builtin Compiler Settings -> Clear Entries. If that doesn't work try asking on cdt-dev.

Sorry about how short this message is, I had a much longer post typed up but then the goddamn forum logged me out and lost it and I'm too enraged to try to retype it all right now.
Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #989799 is a reply to message #989797] Fri, 07 December 2012 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The button appears to be unclickable. I hit restore defaults to see if that would work and no dice. I guess I should move to cdt-dev then?
Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #990017 is a reply to message #989799] Mon, 10 December 2012 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that I've thought of all that I can to help you, so that would probably be best.
Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #990231 is a reply to message #990017] Tue, 11 December 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks I'll move over to cdt-dev and see if they can help.

Edit: actually on second thought I'm not sure I know where cdt-dev is to be honest with you.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 December 2012 14:53]

Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #990366 is a reply to message #989540] Wed, 12 December 2012 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Sommerlad is currently offline Peter SommerladFriend
* look in project properties and see if the preprocessor includes has the "language settings provider" enabled.
** check if the includes folder in your project lists all compiler-provided include paths
* Try Index-Rebuild (if that doesn't take some time as a background process, restart eclipse and try again.
** there seems to be a glitch in Juno that prohibits the indexer running when you import or copy a project

BTW, you can use visual studio's compiler cl.exe if you set up your project and select the microsoft toolchain.

Regards
Peter.

Re: Unresolved Inclusion [message #990496 is a reply to message #990366] Wed, 12 December 2012 18:12 Go to previous message
I didn't copy or import the project but I'll certainly keep the glitch in mind. I'll try your solutions and see what I can come up with.

As for the visual studio's compiler do you have any experience working with it? If you do do you like it over MinGW/Cygwin?
Previous Topic:Internal error debugging with gdb
Next Topic:c libev undefined reference to `ev_default_loop'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:14:20 GMT 2024