Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Preview pane does not receive focus
Preview pane does not receive focus [message #989232] Wed, 05 December 2012 10:09 Go to next message
Ben Wilson is currently offline Ben WilsonFriend
Hi, I have a problem when our developers are in Eclipse and they click on the WindowBuilder preview icon. The preview window does appear in response to the command but the window does not get focus. Is this a setting I need to configure?
Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #990402 is a reply to message #989232] Wed, 12 December 2012 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

So, a week has passed since I posted my o.p., but I have not yet received a reply. Is there additional information that I can provide that would help you to answer my question? Is there any feedback or are there any thoughts?

I can add that we are using 3.5 Galileo...

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2012 13:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #990527 is a reply to message #990402] Wed, 12 December 2012 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
It would be useful to know what OS you are using and why the behavior you are seeing is considered to be a problem. Does the window gain focus if you click on it or hit the tab key? When I try it under Windows, it seems to work fine.
Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #990574 is a reply to message #990527] Thu, 13 December 2012 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OS is Windows (note this is not directly on the workstation but through Citrix). We need the focus to be automatic because the developers want to be able to use the preview to test tab ordering is right.
Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #990747 is a reply to message #990574] Fri, 14 December 2012 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It works fine for me under Windows. What happens when you hit the tab key?

Does it work correctly for you on a normal Windows environment?
Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #997573 is a reply to message #990747] Tue, 08 January 2013 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Eric,

I have some information -

1) On the client the OS is Windows XP;
2) The precise behavior that has been observed is:

Quote:
When we click the preview button the preview window opens and it has focus, meaning that it is the active window. Then we click the TAB key and nothing happens.
Once we use the mouse to click on an enabled field, then we can use the TAB key to switch to the next enabled field.

At this point we'd expect the first field to be in focus, and then the window will immediately respond to TAB keys, without the need to click the mouse.
Clicking the mouse is not an issue; but if we click the mouse then we wouldn't know what the first field is, and that is one of the goals of using the preview window...

So... Any other ideas?

TIA
Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #1001842 is a reply to message #997573] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Our customer has tried outside Citrix, instead on the workstation which is Windows 7. They report the problem is still occurring. Any ideas? Is there any further information we can provide to help you troubleshoot the problem? TIA
Re: Preview pane does not receive focus [message #1002583 is a reply to message #1001842] Fri, 18 January 2013 22:05 Go to previous message
When I try it using Windows 7 (which is all that I have), I hit the tab key and the first widget in the tab sequence gets the focus and then it tabs between widgets as expected.

If you run the actual code rather that using the preview function, does it tab correctly?

Is your customer testing it from within WindowBuilder or running the actual code?

If you create a simple SWT App Windows with a couple of Text widgets do you see the same behavior?
Previous Topic:Incomplete product installation
Next Topic:I18N - Modern Eclipse Messages Class doesn't show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:53:34 GMT 2024