Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Common Navigator Content Provider
Common Navigator Content Provider [message #989224] Wed, 05 December 2012 09:50 Go to next message
Mat Mathiew is currently offline Mat MathiewFriend
I am building an RCP application and I am using the Common Navigator.

When the user executes my custom project some files are created that I want to show in the navigator as children of the file that was executed in the navigator.

I do this by using a Content Provider. The problem is that right now these files are created in the project and then are duplicated as children of the file in the navigator because these children need to be IFiles to show them, as navigator supports also files that are in the workspace.

What should be the right approach to have these files appear only once as children and not again in workspace?Can I in some way create them outside of the projects and then load them as children?

For example in the example below I dont want to have the ChildrenFolder in the Project but I need in some way to load the ChildrenFiles as resources.

index.php/fa/12601/0/
  • Attachment: nav.bmp
    (Size: 317.10KB, Downloaded 601 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 09:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Common Navigator Content Provider [message #991772 is a reply to message #989224] Thu, 20 December 2012 06:55 Go to previous message
Ajinkya Dhumal is currently offline Ajinkya DhumalFriend
Hi Mat,

You can customize content of Navigator. There is provision that you can show objects in navigator which are not of type IResource.
For the same you need to edit plugin.xml file of Navigator plugin (In which you have used common navigator).

You can edit it visually also. Goto plugin.xml -> Extensions tab.
Add new node to org.eclipse.ui.navigator.navigatorContent.
You can see description of required fields as a tooltip of field name.

For details of available options, you can check for plugin.xml -> Extensions tab -> Open Extension Point Schema (Link below Extension details).

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Ajinkya
Previous Topic:Painting of figures using Draw2D takes too long
Next Topic:fixing the size of the editorArea
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:01:53 GMT 2024