Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » RWT Standalone WAR to WebLogic contextDirectory problem(Deploy WAR to WebLogic contextDirectory null problem)
RWT Standalone WAR to WebLogic contextDirectory problem [message #989052] Tue, 04 December 2012 13:00 Go to next message
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
REPOSTED IN RAP FORUM!

-----------------------------

Wonder if anyone can help with a problem deploying an RWT StandAlone application as a WAR into WebLogic...

(Please excuse any lack of knowledge here - it's the first time I've attempted something like this, so learning terminology at the same time!)

So far, I can run my application as a SWT, or as RWT StandAlone through Eclipse (4.2.1) using the built-in infrastructure in Eclipse e.g. Jetty etc.

Now I try to deploy the application as a WAR, which appears to be ok (WAR contains all the components I believe are needed), but on trying to deploy the WAR into Oracle WebLogic (10.3.4.0) I get an error during deploy stating that the contextDirectory must not be null:

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
weblogic.application.ModuleException: 
The parameter 'contextDirectory' must not be null. 
Selected Deployments were updated.

I can provide the full log message if necessary, but this appears to be the most useful part.

Where do I specify the contextDirectory, and how? In my WAR's web.xml? In the WebLogic.xml via the Plan.xml? (these last 2 were automatically created by WebLogic when I first defined and attempted to deploy the application WAR).

Let me know what other information may be useful too?

Would be useful to get some sort of overview of how WAR deploys work in general, as I'm going to have to do the same application deploy also on WebSphere and JBoss later!

Thanks, John

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 10:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RWT Standalone WAR to WebLogic contextDirectory problem [message #989054 is a reply to message #989052] Tue, 04 December 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torsten Stolpmann is currently offline Torsten StolpmannFriend
I think this question is better suited to be asked in the RAP Forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/34/)
Re: RWT Standalone WAR to WebLogic contextDirectory problem [message #989102 is a reply to message #989054] Tue, 04 December 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, ok... I saw other items related to WebLogic here, so posted in this one.
How do a transfer the post? Or just resubmit as a new Post in RAP?
Thanks John

---
Re: RWT Standalone WAR to WebLogic contextDirectory problem [message #990442 is a reply to message #989102] Wed, 12 December 2012 14:01 Go to previous message
Did repost this on the Libra forum, but just for completeness, a quick update here too, to say that I've successfully exported my application as RAP to a WAR and am running this under JBoss and WebLogic currently.

---

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2012 14:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:RPT Load Generation
Next Topic:Terminal not accessing .png files from Eclipse Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:49:38 GMT 2024