Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Can I divide my script in different files?
Can I divide my script in different files? [message #988836] Mon, 03 December 2012 11:55 Go to next message
Federico Toledo is currently offline Federico ToledoFriend
Hello!

I've just moved from mediniQVT to ATL, and I'm really happy with the performance and understandability of the code.

There is one simple thing that I miss from "programming" let's say, to modularize my files. I've checked the documentation and the forum with no luck.

I'd like to divide my ATL file in different parts, just for a matter of prolixity.
Libraries are not the solution because I only can put helpers in them, and I'd like also to include rules.

is it possible?
thank you in advance!
Re: Can I divide my script in different files? [message #988841 is a reply to message #988836] Mon, 03 December 2012 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
Yes this is doable by using superimposition.
Normally this feature is for overriding rules but you can use it without overriding any rule which allow you to have one single transformation in multiple files.
Re: Can I divide my script in different files? [message #989006 is a reply to message #988841] Tue, 04 December 2012 09:47 Go to previous message
Federico Toledo is currently offline Federico ToledoFriend
Hey! thank you!

At the begining I thought that it couldn't work because of the common lazy rules that I call from different parts of the code, I mean, from the two files considering the division... but it seems that the syntax checker don't check the referenced methods (lazy rules or called rules), is that right?

I've already done the change, and it's working
thank you!
Previous Topic:Issue in Trasformation with dot !!
Next Topic:basic ATL transformation tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:43:52 GMT 2024