Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » how to add variables to a transition in StateMachine Diagram?
how to add variables to a transition in StateMachine Diagram? [message #988718] Sat, 01 December 2012 22:13
B Simpson is currently offline B SimpsonFriend
hi guys,
i got stuck at andromda tutorial.
i'm trying to find where to do the following (copied from MagicDraw instructions, take a look below):
[i can't seem to figure out how to add a variable to effect of transition.. ?]

" Right click on the transition out of Search Timecards and open its specification.
Find the sub-panel Effect
Specify Activity as the type of behavior of the effect.
Enter the word search in the name field.

The effect modeled on the transition out of Search Timecards will make AndroMDA render a form in the Search Criteria panel. This form will submit 5 parameters to server: submitter, approver, start date minimum, start date maximum and status. Follow the steps below to specify these parameters.

Right click on the Behavior Element field and open its specification.
Click on the Parameters tab.
Click Create to add the first parameter.
Enter submitter as the name of the parameter and Long as its type (note that it is Long, not long). Set its Multiplicity to 0..1 (this way it will not be required). Now click on the Tag Values tab and click on the tagged value named andromda_presentation_web_view_field_type. This tagged value tells AndroMDA what type of field submitter is. Since submitter is a drop-down box, i.e. selection, we need to set the value of this tag to select. To do this, click the Create Value button. The value is shown in the right panel. Select select and click Back. "

thanks for replies

[Updated on: Sat, 01 December 2012 22:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:programmatic generation of diagrams
Next Topic:Use Case Specification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:00:08 GMT 2024