Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Use Case Specification(How do I add the use case detail and project glossary)
Use Case Specification [message #988704] Sat, 01 December 2012 15:54 Go to next message
Richard Bibb is currently offline Richard BibbFriend
I recently downloaded Papyrus for Juno and have been playing around a bit. One of the most basic actions, once the use case diagrams have been created is to add the worded specification for each of the use cases. The usual format is a text form with headings such as: name, id, description, actors, preconditions, main flow, postconditions and alternate flow (the exact names aren't important but the information is). Can anyone tell me where you put this information?

Re: Use Case Specification [message #988792 is a reply to message #988704] Mon, 03 December 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,
UML does not specify name, id, description, actors, preconditions, main flow, postconditions and alternate flow for use cases.
So you can adopt differents approaches:
1. You can design a profile , where you specify all this information and you apply it on use case
2. You can attach element comment to the use case
3. you can attach a word document for example to the use case by using hyperlinks (green cross)

Personnaly I prefer the profil. Thanks to the profile, information is structured and you can analyse and reuse it in model transformation.I do not if it exist a standard profil that adds this kind of information on use cases.
Re: Use Case Specification [message #988793 is a reply to message #988792] Mon, 03 December 2012 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would it be possible for you to give me a little more information on the profile? (Maybe a sample) and tell me how to link that to the diagram?

Many thanks
Re: Use Case Specification [message #988800 is a reply to message #988793] Mon, 03 December 2012 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Richard,

For modeling profiles, you should have a look at : http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/usersTutorials/resources/PapyrusUserGuideSeries_AboutUMLProfile_v1.0.0_d20120606.pdf
(From http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/usersTutorials/usersTutorialsIndex.php )

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Use Case Specification [message #988802 is a reply to message #988800] Mon, 03 December 2012 09:43 Go to previous message
Perfect, thank you
Previous Topic:how to add variables to a transition in StateMachine Diagram?
Next Topic:types of interface
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:17:33 GMT 2024