Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to use Egit by code
How to use Egit by code [message #988506] Fri, 30 November 2012 09:59 Go to next message
Floriano Fauzzi is currently offline Floriano FauzziFriend
Hi,
i'm a new user of this forum, and I don't know all rules, so if I write something of wrong, please forgive me.
I try to develop a plugin of Eclipse Juno (that we call "Plug1") that communicate with Egit.
For "communicate" i mean a task like this:
" An user load Egit on Eclipse, and with that, checkout from a repository and start to modify a file. Plug1 want know what repository you have checkout and what are the people that have modified that file before him."

So, with GitHub API I can know all user information (repository,folloers etc.), but I want know if there is a way to know the repository that user have checkout and the file that he modify with the help of Egit.

someone can help me?

Re: How to use Egit by code [message #991382 is a reply to message #988506] Tue, 18 December 2012 20:26 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Floriano Fauzzi skrev 2012-11-30 14.36:
> Hi,
> i'm a new user of this forum, and I don't know all rules, so if I write something of wrong, please forgive me.
> I try to develop a plugin of Eclipse Juno (that we call "Plug1") that communicate with Egit.
> For "communicate" i mean a task like this:
> " An user load Egit on Eclipse, and with that, checkout from a repository and start to modify a file. Plug1 want know what repository you have checkout and what are the
> people that have modified that file before him."
>
> So, with GitHub API I can know all user information (repository,folloers etc.), but I want know if there is a way to know the repository that user have checkout and the
> file that he modify with the help of Egit.
>
> someone can help me?

Look for the class RepositoryMapping and how it is used.

-- robin
Previous Topic:JGit Logging in Eclipse
Next Topic:Egit library ( get repository name by project)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:41:04 GMT 2024