Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Maven-jobs: Use POM definitions for email notifications - how to do?(How to use POM-Notifcation-definitions in hudson maven jobs?)
Maven-jobs: Use POM definitions for email notifications - how to do? [message #988295] Thu, 29 November 2012 10:08 Go to next message
Denis Schettl is currently offline Denis SchettlFriend
Is there any function in hudson implementated, that an hudson-maven-job will use the notification-definitions in an maven-pom to generate and send notification-emails? I have searched in the internet and found an old post that this feature was implementated in the maven-plugin of jenkins. I wonder if there is also an implementation for hudson ...

Thanks for hudson !!!
Denis
Re: Maven-jobs: Use POM definitions for email notifications - how to do? [message #988379 is a reply to message #988295] Thu, 29 November 2012 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Denis, we deprecated legacy maven job in favor of Maven 3 builder in Hudson 2.x onwards. By using the maven pom.xml notification, do you mean the e-mail of all the developers in developer section. Ex.

<developers>
    <developer>
      <id>eric</id>
      <name>Eric</name>
      <email>[email]eredmond@codehaus.org[/email]</email>

If so that is a good enhancement. Could you file a request at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Hudson

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team

[Updated on: Thu, 29 November 2012 16:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maven-jobs: Use POM definitions for email notifications - how to do? [message #988514 is a reply to message #988379] Fri, 30 November 2012 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Schettl is currently offline Denis SchettlFriend
Hi Winston, thanks for your reply. But what I mean is the following section in the maven-pom:
<project>
  <ciManagement>
    <system>Hudson</system>
    <url>url to hudson-server start page</url>
    <notifiers>
      <notifier>
        <type>mail</type>
        <sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
        <sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
        <sendOnSuccess>false</sendOnSuccess>
        <sendOnWarning>false</sendOnWarning>
        <configuration><address>developer01@myemailhostadress</address></configuration>
      </notifier>
    </notifiers>
  </ciManagement>
</project>

In the ciManagement-section you can define notifiers and what action should create an information event ...

I had expected something like a button "Use notifier definition from pom" ... With each build the pom can be changed and any developer can define what information should be send to him.

Is there some feature hidden somewhere in hudson?
Re: Maven-jobs: Use POM definitions for email notifications - how to do? [message #988600 is a reply to message #988514] Fri, 30 November 2012 16:17 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
I don't think we have it in Hudson. A good enhancement to have. Please file an enhancement request.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:After renaming project old workspace remains on the filesystem
Next Topic:Hudson. Hide the option "People" from top left corner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:12:36 GMT 2024