Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vex » Creating a DITA topic; DITA attribute editing(Tried but failed)
icon5.gif  Creating a DITA topic; DITA attribute editing [message #988225] Wed, 28 November 2012 22:45 Go to next message
Mikhail Ramendik is currently offline Mikhail RamendikFriend
I have installed Vex by dragging its link into a newly unpacked Eclipse Juno.

I am trying to test DITA support,but did not have any luck yet.

I go File > New > Other > XML Authoring > Document, then Next.

There, when I select a DITA topic or reference, I see an empty list for root element and the doc can not be created.

For concept, the root element concept is available and I can create the document. But the only element it can create within the document is <title>. <conbody> is not available, so I can't actually develop a concept topic.

When I open an existing one, only the title element is shown in the tree - conbody and everything under it is not shown.

Do I need to install something additional in order for DITA support to work?

Also, in DITA, one often needs to edit the attributes of an element. For example, one might need to set the id attribute of the concept element. How do I do this in Vex?

Thanks!
Re: Creating a DITA topic; DITA attribute editing [message #988929 is a reply to message #988225] Mon, 03 December 2012 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
Mikhail,

thank you for the feedback. I created a new bug regarding the root elements. The bugfix is already submitted, it will be part of the next milestone release. To get it, you can use our CI build update site.

The outline view currently shows only a subset of elements which represent the overall structure of the document at hand. But we are planning to provide different modes for the outline view which will also include a "full" mode where all elements are shown.

You can edit the attributes of an element using the common Properties View in Eclipse. The view shows the attributes of the current element at the cursor.

Regards, Florian
Re: Creating a DITA topic; DITA attribute editing [message #988930 is a reply to message #988929] Mon, 03 December 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mikhail Ramendik is currently offline Mikhail RamendikFriend
Thanks!

Is there some instruction available on how to use the CI build? I'm not very good with Eclipse. I did manage to unpack Juno and install Vex into it but that's about it.

Also - is there currently no way to add a <conbody> element within <concept>? Or how should I go about it?
Re: Creating a DITA topic; DITA attribute editing [message #989355 is a reply to message #988930] Wed, 05 December 2012 19:40 Go to previous message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
Mikhail,

there seems to be a bug with the key mapping of Ctrl+Space. You can also
use the main menu Document > Add > Element to open the "Add Element"
popup to insert a conbody element to your DITA concept.

To install the latest CI build, you need to add the CI update site to
your configuration:
* open "Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites"
* Add
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/mylyn-docs-vex.ci/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/org.eclipse.vex.repository/target/site
* use "Help > Check for Updates" to get the latest CI build

Best Regards,

Florian

Am 03.12.2012 21:24, schrieb Mikhail Ramendik:
> Thanks!
>
> Is there some instruction available on how to use the CI build? I'm not
> very good with Eclipse. I did manage to unpack Juno and install Vex into
> it but that's about it.
>
> Also - is there currently no way to add a <conbody> element within
> <concept>? Or how should I go about it?
Previous Topic:table layout - spanning
Next Topic:VEX installed - WHAT NEXT??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:36:15 GMT 2024