Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Synchronize View remains empty despite lots of unstaged changes?(Cannot reliably get Synchronize View to show unstaged changes)
Synchronize View remains empty despite lots of unstaged changes? [message #987919] Wed, 28 November 2012 16:29 Go to next message
Jörg von  Frantzius is currently offline Jörg von FrantziusFriend
Hi,

from my understanding, if I choose to "Include local uncommitted changes in comparison", the Synchronize View should be showing anything that git itself is showing as "Changes not staged for commit", or what the Git Staging View shows as "Unstaged Changes". Please correct me if that assumption is wrong.

Right now I do see changes both in git commandline and also as "Unstaged Changes" in the Git Staging View, but the Synchronize View remains completely empty with Egit saying "Synchronizing Git: No changes found."

With the same combination of Eclipse and Egit I once got it to show the changes in the Synchronize View, but I can't get it to do that again.

Does anybody else per chance see the same problem?

Regards,
Jörg
Re: Synchronize View remains empty despite lots of unstaged changes? [message #991402 is a reply to message #987919] Tue, 18 December 2012 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Lambart is currently offline Eric LambartFriend
Yes, I see this exact same problem. I have tried disconnecting and re-connecting the repository in the Team Synch view, but to no avail. It worked for me once, when I first set up this project in Juno (I could never get eGit to work in Indigo, and was advised to upgrade because it "works" in Juno...).

Have you had any luck figuring this out?

Thanks,
Eric
Re: Synchronize View remains empty despite lots of unstaged changes? [message #991482 is a reply to message #991402] Wed, 19 December 2012 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Works fine for me in EGit 2.2.0.201212162313 + Juno SR1, using Team -> Synchronize Workspace, though I don't know why you would want to use the Synchronization view for this rather than the Git Staging view.

As with many other recent issue posts, no EGit version number is provided, so no way to know whether the issue you're seeing is version-specific or not.
Re: Synchronize View remains empty despite lots of unstaged changes? [message #991900 is a reply to message #987919] Thu, 20 December 2012 12:58 Go to previous message
Amelie Mentor is currently offline Amelie MentorFriend
I have the same issue.

EGit:

2.1.0.201209190230-r

Eclipse:

- Juno Service Release 1, Build id: 20120920-0800 and
- Indigo (3.7.2), Build id: M20120208-0800

I made an experiment: opened old Indigo installation with old EGit > Team Synchronize works fine > Updated EGit > Team Synchronize broken.

The recent EGit version seems to be broken on both Juno and Indigo.

Edit: @R. Shapiro thank you for pointing me to the staging view. Coming from SVN & CVS I didn't know it existed. Since the staging view works fine, I don't really need the Team Synchronize View any more.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2012 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Egit library ( get repository name by project)
Next Topic:How to untrack already tracked files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:11:28 GMT 2024