Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes
'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #987857] Wed, 28 November 2012 12:15 Go to next message
Mary P. is currently offline Mary P.Friend
Hello!

I try to create my diagram in Eclipse Papyrus (Juno) and when I choose the *Generate Papyrus diagram* option a receive a long list of errors.
One of them is the following:
'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes

Can anybody explain me, please, what it means or where I can read more about it because I am the very beginner in Papyrus.

The structure of the diagram in my ecore file is very simple: I have an Architecture which contains Components. Architecture is my tio level elements and Components are the elements that should be modified by user.

Thanks!

Best regards
Mary
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #987861 is a reply to message #987857] Wed, 28 November 2012 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I also have another question.

When I try to Validate my .gmfgen file everything is ok.
Then I run it as a new runtime application.
Then I import the project with this .gmfgen file (I do not copy it, just import) and three other plugins required for generation of a new Papyrus Diagram to this runtime application.
Then I try to validate the same .gmfgen file but in my runtime application.
And here I receive a lot of errors!
And when I look at the imported .gmfgen file it does not look like the original one!
But physically it is the same file!

Could anybody, please, explain me, why it happens like this?

Thank you!
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #987902 is a reply to message #987861] Wed, 28 November 2012 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is my .ecore file.
Maybe, something is wrong in it?
Because with uml.ecore everything works and I can generate the diagram.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ecore:EPackage xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore" name="components" nsURI="http://components" nsPrefix="components">
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EClass" name="Component">
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EAttribute" name="name" lowerBound="1" eType="ecore:EDataType http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore#//EString"/>
</eClassifiers>
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EClass" name="Architecture">
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="subcomponents" ordered="false"
upperBound="-1" eType="#//Component" containment="true"/>
</eClassifiers>
</ecore:EPackage>
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #988435 is a reply to message #987902] Thu, 29 November 2012 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello!

Sorry, but I still cannot solve my problem that is why I have a new question now!

I modified the uml.ecore file. I added there a new class Student which is a successor of a class Class. It does not have any new features.

Then I tried to create a new diagram as it is described in the Tutorial *How to create a new UML Papyrus diagram*. And I wanted this diagram to contain only elements of my class Student (instead of class Component as in the Tutorial).

But here I have the same problem with my .gmfgen file! It is not imported in the runtime application correctly!

That is why my question is: is it possible to create a new Papyrus diagrams that contains not only UML element but also the new ones defined in .ecore file using Eclipse Juno???

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Mary
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #988541 is a reply to message #988435] Fri, 30 November 2012 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I think you're getting no response because we're totally baffled by your
question.

*.gmfgen is a GMF tooling artefact that has nothing to do with Papyrus.
Why are you asking about GMF on the papyrus newsgroup?

Regards

Ed Willink

On 29/11/2012 21:33, Mary P. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Sorry, but I still cannot solve my problem that is why I have a new
> question now!
>
> I modified the uml.ecore file. I added there a new class Student which
> is a successor of a class Class. It does not have any new features.
>
> Then I tried to create a new diagram as it is described in the
> Tutorial *How to create a new UML Papyrus diagram*. And I wanted this
> diagram to contain only elements of my class Student (instead of class
> Component as in the Tutorial).
>
> But here I have the same problem with my .gmfgen file! It is not
> imported in the runtime application correctly!
>
> That is why my question is: is it possible to create a new Papyrus
> diagrams that contains not only UML element but also the new ones
> defined in .ecore file using Eclipse Juno???
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Mary
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #988562 is a reply to message #988541] Fri, 30 November 2012 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm...I asked this question at GMF Forum but they told me that I should ask it at Papyrus forum.
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #988661 is a reply to message #988562] Fri, 30 November 2012 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Then you need to ask a clear Papyrus/UML-specific message.

In your recent message

"I modified the uml.ecore file. ... Then I tried to create a new diagram
as it is described in the Tutorial *How to create a new UML Papyrus
diagram*. "

This also makes no sense. Papyrus support UML diagrams. The Ecore Tools
project is appropriate for Ecore diagrams.

As always, taking the trouble to zip a simple project demonstrating your
best endeavor will save everyone a great deal of wasted time on
guesswork/irritation.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 30/11/2012 14:14, Mary P. wrote:
> Hmm...I asked this question at GMF Forum but they told me that I
> should ask it at Papyrus forum.
Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #988801 is a reply to message #987857] Mon, 03 December 2012 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,

The generation of diagram from scratch needs some clarification:

- because the gmf tooling is enough powerfull, we have modified the code generation.
We work directly from the gmfgen, never form gmffiag or gmftool.
we have added an extension of the gmfgen metamodel. So to open a gmfgen of papyrus, your need to have install org.eclipse.papyrus.gmfgenextension.
In the case of the class diagram, the validation of the gmfgen is not success, it is normal due to the limitation of the gmfgen.
After generating code, some specification has to be added manyally. this the reason that they are two src, generated and manual.
That's why designing papyrus diagram is not simple.

If i understanD you you want to extends UML. Papyrus is based on UML. So a lot oflibraries that we have developped is based of UML. So If you want to be not UML you can obtain some problems at runtime.

The best manner to extends UML is to use the mecanism of profil, see http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/usersTutorials/resources/PapyrusUserGuideSeries_AboutUMLProfile_v1.0.0_d20120606.pdf
It is possible to extends existed diagram to give new shape, but for the moment it is quite complex. We would like to do that in the future with simple GUI.

Even if you want to generate a new diagram by extend UML ecore. You need to generated plugins to edit you ecore file, as EMF project.

Patrick

Re: 'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes [message #988894 is a reply to message #988801] Mon, 03 December 2012 15:07 Go to previous message
Thank you! Smile
Previous Topic:MARTE profile in uml format
Next Topic:Nested CombinedFragment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:46:36 GMT 2024