Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Model not being generated after plugin rename
Model not being generated after plugin rename [message #987856] Wed, 28 November 2012 12:11 Go to next message
Christopher Brind is currently offline Christopher BrindFriend
Messages: 9
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
Not long after first generating the plugins for our grammar we renamed them as they didn't fit in with our naming convention. For example we went from:

com.example.project.lang.grammar

to:

com.example.project.lang

Ever since then, when we "Generate Xtext artifacts" it no longer create a Java model for the grammar. However, it does create a genmodel and if we manually "generate model" from that, it seems to work just fine.

I've tried various things like tinkering with the workflow and even debugged the entire workflow, but to be honest that didn't help and I just ended up a bit lost.

The obvious fix to try is to go back to the old name for the plugins, but a) that might not work and b) seems a little restrictive.

There will come a point where we don't have to work on the DSL any more so it will become less of a pain, but at the moment we are rapidly developing the DSL and it is causing pain for developers on the team.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Re: Model not being generated after plugin rename [message #987879 is a reply to message #987856] Wed, 28 November 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 6878
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

Have you checked that MANIFEST.MF and plugin.xml have been manually
updated from their *_gen counterparts?

Regards

Ed Willink


On 28/11/2012 12:11, Christopher Brind wrote:
> Not long after first generating the plugins for our grammar we renamed
> them as they didn't fit in with our naming convention. For example we
> went from:
>
> com.example.project.lang.grammar
>
> to:
>
> com.example.project.lang
>
> Ever since then, when we "Generate Xtext artifacts" it no longer
> create a Java model for the grammar. However, it does create a
> genmodel and if we manually "generate model" from that, it seems to
> work just fine.
>
> I've tried various things like tinkering with the workflow and even
> debugged the entire workflow, but to be honest that didn't help and I
> just ended up a bit lost.
>
> The obvious fix to try is to go back to the old name for the plugins,
> but a) that might not work and b) seems a little restrictive.
> There will come a point where we don't have to work on the DSL any
> more so it will become less of a pain, but at the moment we are
> rapidly developing the DSL and it is causing pain for developers on
> the team.
>
> Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Re: Model not being generated after plugin rename [message #987880 is a reply to message #987879] Wed, 28 November 2012 13:54 Go to previous message
Christopher Brind is currently offline Christopher BrindFriend
Messages: 9
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
The only _gen file created is the plugin.xml_gen which looks identical to the plugin.xml file anyway. The settings in that file seem to be correct.
Previous Topic:Test my grammar
Next Topic:Integrating Xtext into GMF-based Editor
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 28 18:44:55 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02795 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top