Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Format Report(formating report )
Format Report [message #987476] Mon, 26 November 2012 18:59 Go to next message
Junior Martinez is currently offline Junior MartinezFriend
I need help formatting a report in BIRT. I have attached a word document of how I want a report to look like in BIRT. Basically its two columns but what I really need help with is the output of my data. Here is my query,

select '*' + b.asset_tag + '*' as Asset_Id
from ae_a_asset_e as b
where status_code = 'active'
and multitenant_id = '1'

Basically how do I format a report in BIRT with two columns outputting the same data attribute and outputting across all of the table cells? (See attached word document)

Ex.

Column1 Column2

Asset_Id Asset_Id

Asset_Id Asset_Id

Re: Format Report [message #987505 is a reply to message #987476] Mon, 26 November 2012 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

You could add a computed column to the dataset that counts the rownumber and then add a grid that contains the same table in two columns and then add a filter to filter on the row number. See the attached example that does three columns.

Jason
Re: Format Report [message #987529 is a reply to message #987505] Tue, 27 November 2012 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior Martinez is currently offline Junior MartinezFriend
Jason thanks a lot that worked. Just in case I'm asked to change the format of the report. Can the you still do the same thing except take out the numbers?

For example, your example you had
1.Product Code--Quantity--Orderlinenumber 2. Product Code--Quantity--Orderlinenumber
3.Product Code--Quantity--Orderlinenumber 4. Product Code--Quantity--Orderlinenumber

Is there a way to format it without the numbers in front of the attributes?
Re: Format Report [message #988432 is a reply to message #987529] Thu, 29 November 2012 21:23 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Sure just delete those columns in the tables. I just put that their to show the row numbers. They do not need to be displayed.

Jason
Previous Topic:How to create a very simple excel output?
Next Topic: Blob as web service parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:22:03 GMT 2024