Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Metamodel URIs are not resolved by creating a new Acceleo generation file
[Acceleo] Metamodel URIs are not resolved by creating a new Acceleo generation file [message #987470] Mon, 26 November 2012 17:53 Go to next message
Anna Unikat is currently offline Anna UnikatFriend
Hi all,

I'm working with a papyrus UML model that uses profiles with stereotypes MARTE und UTP. Those profile packages are located in the plugins-folder of my Eclipse runtime platform.
Now I want to use the profiles in my template. For that reason I want to create a new Acceleo generation file for a specific project: Right click on the project->New->Acceleo Module File. In the appeared window I want to add "Metamodel URIs" by clicking on the "Add" button. Here is now the problem that the profile packages mentioned above are not dispayed in the list when the radio-button "Runtime version" is selected. Also when selecting another radio-button "Development Time Version", the list with the packages is not updated.

I hope the scenario is reproducible. Is there any parameter that I should change?

I'm using Acceleo 3.3.1 / Indigo SR2 and Papyrus 8.1.

Thanks in advance,
Anna

P.S. It is my first post in this forum Smile
Re: [Acceleo] Metamodel URIs are not resolved by creating a new Acceleo generation file [message #987580 is a reply to message #987470] Tue, 27 November 2012 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

The popup displayed when you click on the "Add" menu is showing all the packages registered in the Acceleo package registry. This package registry uses all the content of the EMF package registry and it adds on top of it some packages from the ".ecore" files located in the workspace. The UML stereotypes are not registered in the EMF package registry so you won't be able to find them in this popup. You need to define your generator on the UML metamodel and when you are navigating inside of your generator, you should use the APIs of the UML project to compute the available stereotype with something like [myObject.ownedStereotypes/]. You also need to make sure that your model is properly loaded with all its stereotype registered in the Java launcher for that, have a look at the use of UML models and their stereotype in stand alone.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau & @acceleo
Google+: stephane.begaudeau & acceleo
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: [Acceleo] Metamodel URIs are not resolved by creating a new Acceleo generation file [message #987753 is a reply to message #987580] Tue, 27 November 2012 22:05 Go to previous message
Anna Unikat is currently offline Anna UnikatFriend
Hi! Thank you for reply, Stephane.

I would like to extend my post.

The profile definintions are actually registered in the EMF and Papyrus recognizes them properly. During runtime occur no problems. However the Acceleo editor underline these stereotypes as errors in the modules, as if these are not resolved.

There is also a problem with UML models: If the target platform contains an older UML version, it is not displayed in the popup menu (after "Add"). In general, it seems to be, the entries in the menu are the same with both options "Runtime Version" and "Development Time Version".

The behavior is inconsistent, because there were infrequent situations when the profiles were recognized and it was possible to use them in Acceleo editor.

Best regards,
Anna

Previous Topic:EMFT JET Transformation Project Error: Could not load JET template loader
Next Topic:[Acceleo] A circular dependency exists between scripts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:35:37 GMT 2024