Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problems with Tab selection by value or index
Problems with Tab selection by value or index [message #987438] Mon, 26 November 2012 15:48 Go to next message
Massimo Rabbi is currently offline Massimo RabbiFriend
Hi all,
I'm quite new to Jubula, but I really would like to spend some time using it in order to speed-up the testing process of our RCP product.
Right now I'm facing a very simple, but let's say blocking issue.

One of the test case I've recorded includes the tab switching between the "Project Explorer" tab and a custom "Repository Explorer" one.
Unfortunately I'm not able to pass the first selection step.
I got the following error:
=> Type: Action Error
=> Error Description: Timeout received before confirming the posted event

Just for the sake of completeness, I'm running my environment on Mac OS X.
By the way, I found out that there is the Bug 373937 "Tabbed Pane: Select/Check selection of tab by value/index fails during our nightly tests on Swing Fulltest" that recalls a similar problem.

Some of you guys experienced similar problems? Is there any known workaround?
I'll give it a try on Windows to see if it's a platform dependent issue.

Thanks in advance for the reply.
Best Regards,
Massimo.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 November 2012 15:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with Tab selection by value or index [message #987452 is a reply to message #987438] Mon, 26 November 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just tried to replicate similar issue in Windows 7 64bit (vm on Virtualbox).
Everything seems to be working fine.

I'll try to use Windows for test suites creation with Jubula.
Re: Problems with Tab selection by value or index [message #987560 is a reply to message #987452] Tue, 27 November 2012 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

I just had a look in our nightly tests, and for selections from tabbed panes, everything seems to be fine for both our 3.7 tests and 4.2 tests. What version of Mac are you using? Could it be a timing problem? If you specify the test by hand, do you get the same problems?

More information on specifying the test by hand is in the cheat sheets (do the First Steps cheat sheet from the help menu).

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Problems with Tab selection by value or index [message #987582 is a reply to message #987560] Tue, 27 November 2012 09:13 Go to previous message
Hi Alexandra,
thanks for the reply. The current version of Mac OS X I'm working on is the 10.7.5.
To get started with Jubula I read this article hxxp://www.rcp-vision.com/?p=1506&lang=en (sorry can not post link yet).

Our product is packaged and based on Eclipse 3.8.1.
First round, I tried with Eclipse for Testers (Juno 4.2). After that I tried to do the same steps using my development environment (Eclipse 3.8.1 + GEF,Xtext,etc.), so I installed Jubula feature: latest available is 1.2.2.201209040912.
The standalone version of Jubula is 1.3.0, so the latest available from download page. Maybe this little additional information could help.

I tried to modify the "Step delay" setting for the Test Suite, initially it was set to 0. I tried to use 100,500 and 5000. Is this a correct approach in trying to resolve what you call "timing problem"?

I'll try to run the First Steps cheat sheet as you said in order to understand better the specification of the test by hand.

Thanks again,
Massimo.

Previous Topic:AUT JRE and RCP Questions
Next Topic:problem with cross-platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:57:11 GMT 2024