Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Multiple viewport on the same canvas
Multiple viewport on the same canvas [message #987122] Fri, 23 November 2012 15:55
Ian C is currently offline Ian CFriend
Hi,

I'm try to implement freeze-frame functionality on several existing canvases.

My initial thoughts are in the direction of creating 4 viewports on to the same canvas, making the bottom-right one user-scrollable, listening for scrolling and then programatically adjusting the other viewports appropriately.

I need to apply this to many existing canvases, so this approach would be significantly more desirable that having to break each of the existing canvases up into 4 quadrants and adding each one to a viewport (ScrolledComposite?).

From a design point of view, it feels like this is something I should be able to do, however, it's looking like have multiple viewports on a single control (Canvas) is not possible as the canvas's parent cannot be null and can clearly only be set to 1 of the 4 viewports?

Am I going about this the wrong may or missing something? - or is this an restriction I won't able to get around?

Thanks
Ian
Previous Topic:SWT/Jface
Next Topic:How to make my SWT application responsive during loading a lot of data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:45:40 GMT 2024