Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » programmatic generation of diagrams
programmatic generation of diagrams [message #986703] Wed, 21 November 2012 11:45 Go to next message
Andrea Sindico is currently offline Andrea SindicoFriend

Is there any way to programmatically use the diagram generator?
Where may I find the diagram generator interfaces?

Regards

Follow me on Twitter @andreasindico

Re: programmatic generation of diagrams [message #986731 is a reply to message #986703] Wed, 21 November 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
what is your plan? Do you want to create completely new diagrams or do you want to update existing diagrams according to e.g. your programmatically triggered model changes? If the latter is true and you want to update simple layouted diagrams like class diagrams, consider to install a canonial edit policy for the edit parts.
Re: programmatic generation of diagrams [message #986736 is a reply to message #986731] Wed, 21 November 2012 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The question is quite interesting. I actually have both the needs.
Thus I need to know what API to exploit when I need to create a completely new set of diagrams (i.e. an just generated model from a QVT-O transformation), and, how to install a "canonical edit policy" for the parts to edit in case of diagram update.

Thanks for your kind help

Regards

Re: programmatic generation of diagrams [message #986964 is a reply to message #986736] Thu, 22 November 2012 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Any Idea?

Re: programmatic generation of diagrams [message #987721 is a reply to message #986964] Tue, 27 November 2012 18:03 Go to previous message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
I guess the canonial edit policy should works per default because it comes with gmf. this means if you e.g. create a new class programmatically a graphical node should be created accordingly (BTW: are you planning to use a QVTo transformation to update the UML model?)

Since I've never used the diagram generation component, I cannot tell you how to use it programmatically. I think you should take a look into the projects in [branches/0.9.X/]extraplugins/diagramtemplate/* of the papyrus svn. I think these are the projects which are responsible for diagram generation.
Previous Topic:How to create a new Papyrus UML diagram
Next Topic:how to add variables to a transition in StateMachine Diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:50:54 GMT 2024