Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Spontaneous crashes in Eclipse-PHP - VMargs?
Spontaneous crashes in Eclipse-PHP - VMargs? [message #986631] Wed, 21 November 2012 09:20 Go to next message
Richard Hawkes is currently offline Richard HawkesFriend
Hi! I've found many threads on crashes in eclipse but none specific enough for me. I installed Eclipse-PHP 3.0.2 last week and it worked like a charm for a few days but now it keeps abruptly closing on me.

And I mean abruptly! There's no warning, no error message, no 'end task'ing. It is just running one moment and then gone the next. More often than not when I'm looking at something else so it can't be a particular action that causes it. What's worse is after each crash it won't run again (points me to the attached log file) and I have to replace Eclipse with a freshly downloaded version to make it run again.

After some digging I think it's to do with the 'vmargs' field in the eclipse-php.ini file (also attached) but I don't understand enough to know what to put there.

I'm running XP service pack 3 if it helps. I've tried running Eclipse from command line and adding "-clean" but the same problem occurs.

Please help, thanks for reading.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 November 2012 12:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spontaneous crashes in Eclipse-PHP - VMargs? [message #986859 is a reply to message #986631] Thu, 22 November 2012 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Since Zend Eclipse PDT(eclipse-php-3.0.2) is a product of Zend, try asking their forum.
Zend Forums • Index page
Re: Spontaneous crashes in Eclipse-PHP - VMargs? [message #986970 is a reply to message #986859] Thu, 22 November 2012 15:38 Go to previous message
Richard Hawkes is currently offline Richard HawkesFriend
I appreciate your reply but now I'm more confused.

Did I post in the wrong place Confused ?

Everything suggests this is the place to ask questions about Zend Eclipse PDT and I can't tell which, if any, of the message boards you linked me too would be an appropriate place to post this. I don't believe I am using any of the products mentioned there, or perhaps I am but don't realise in which case forgive my ignorance.
Previous Topic:Error after installing Eclipse Zend
Next Topic:AST View for PHP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:42:36 GMT 2024