Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » SHIFT+ALT+F(Duplicate mappings for SHIFT+ALT+F)
SHIFT+ALT+F [message #986548] Tue, 20 November 2012 21:54 Go to next message
Jeremy Quandt is currently offline Jeremy QuandtFriend
Appologies if I am in the wrong board, this is a big forum...

I just installed the latest Eclipse Juno yesterday, breif verbage as follows:
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20121004-1855

I can post verbose if it's required. I usually remap my "File Search" to SHIFT+ALT+F, in this version under Prefrences->General->Keys there is no other binding out of the box for this combination.
index.php/fa/12447/0/

However, when I use SHIFT+ALT+F, Eclipse will prompt me if I want the "File Search" or to "Open Search Dialog".
index.php/fa/12448/0/

Question is, how do I remove the "Open Search Dialog" binding?

Appreciate the help. Thanks!
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987341 is a reply to message #986548] Mon, 26 November 2012 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 21.11.2012 01:51, Jeremy Quandt wrote:
> Appologies if I am in the wrong board, this is a big forum...
>
> I just installed the latest Eclipse Juno yesterday, breif verbage as follows:
> Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
>
> Version: Juno Service Release 1
> Build id: 20121004-1855
> I can post verbose if it's required. I usually remap my "File Search" to SHIFT+ALT+F, in this version under Prefrences->General->Keys there is no other binding out of the box for this combination.
>
>
> However, when I use SHIFT+ALT+F, Eclipse will prompt me if I want the "File Search" or to "Open Search Dialog".
>
>
> Question is, how do I remove the "Open Search Dialog" binding?
You can do this on the 'Keys' preference page.

Dani
>
> Appreciate the help. Thanks!
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987924 is a reply to message #987341] Wed, 28 November 2012 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turns out I had my thinking backwards. I want the File Search dialog but I do that by doing the "Open Search Dialog" and hiding the other views. Sorry... thanks for the help.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2012 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987942 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, guess I must have reverse interpeted what was what. I restored File Search to the default (nothing) and mapped "Open Search Dialog" to ALT+SHIFT+F, and then customized it to not show any other search except File Search. A quick grep through my Indigo shows this must have been what I had before. My appolgies. I get confused by all the search options when all I want is a jEdit-esque search. Anyways, thank you, and again sorry.
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987950 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Sorry, guess I had it backwards. I went back to look at my Indigo setup and it's "Open Search Dialog" that needs to be mapped, not "File Search" (even though from the menu that is what I really want to happen). I can just customize and hide all the other options in the Search Dialog except for File to get what I am after, a jEdit-esque search window. Applogies, I got myself backwards. Thanks.
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987957 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Sorry, guess I must have reverse interpeted what was what. I restored File Search to the default (nothing) and mapped "Open Search Dialog" to ALT+SHIFT+F, and then customized it to not show any other search except File Search. A quick grep through my Indigo shows this must have been what I had before. My appolgies. I get confused by all the search options when all I want is a jEdit-esque search. Anyways, thank you, and again sorry.
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987967 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987968 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Sorry, guess I had it backwards. I went back to look at my Indigo setup and it's "Open Search Dialog" that needs to be mapped, not "File Search" (even though from the menu that is what I really want to happen). I can just customize and hide all the other options in the Search Dialog except for File to get what I am after, a jEdit-esque search window. Applogies, I got myself backwards. Thanks.
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987979 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987980 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987995 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #987996 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988009 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988010 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988026 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988027 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988043 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988044 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988061 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988062 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988078 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988079 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988099 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988100 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988118 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988119 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988141 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988142 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988163 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Re: SHIFT+ALT+F [message #988164 is a reply to message #987924] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Previous Topic:ECLIPSE in MOBILE
Next Topic:Eclipse cannot find already included libraries ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:24:18 GMT 2024