Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Report Repeating First Line of Data(Data Script Issue?)
Report Repeating First Line of Data [message #986424] Tue, 20 November 2012 11:43 Go to next message
Matthew Swain is currently offline Matthew SwainFriend
Hi,

I'm a new user, learning as I go using old templates as examples to work from. I'm trying to sort out the data set for an invoice report. I can get the report to fetch the correct details and it has the correct numbered list of items but it continually produces just the first set of data for each item.

For example - on an Invoice where there are 7 different items to charge for, the report produces 7 lines of data but each line is a repeat of the first. The final totals are correct.

No. Job No. Amount
1 12 £200.00
2 12 £200.00
3 12 £200.00
4 12 £200.00
5 12 £200.00
6 12 £200.00
7 12 £200.00

Net Total £860.50

The script for the data set runs as follows:-

Open
iterator = providerInvoice.getActivities().iterator();
counter = 0;

Fetch
if (!iterator.hasNext()) {
return false;
}

var activity = iterator.next();
counter++;
row["count"] = counter;
row["idNumber"] = activity.getIdNumber();
row["combinations"] = activity.getTask().getLanguageCombination().getDisplayName();
row["activityType"] = activity.getActivityType().getDisplayName();
row["startDate"] = dateFormatter.format(activity.getStartDate());
row["totalAgreed"] = providerInvoice.getCurrency().getSymbol() + " " + currencyFormatter.format(activity.getTotalAgreed());
return true;

Close
iterator=null;

Any help would be appreciated and if additional infomation is required please let me know and I'll try and provide it for you.

Thank you,

Matthew
Re: Report Repeating First Line of Data [message #986561 is a reply to message #986424] Tue, 20 November 2012 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Are the data elements in your detail row bound to the dataSet as well? If so, this will happen. If they are, remove the dataSet bindings to these elements. If not, can you attach your report?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Report Repeating First Line of Data [message #986651 is a reply to message #986561] Wed, 21 November 2012 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Swain is currently offline Matthew SwainFriend
That's exactly what I had done, set the Bindings on both the row and the table. Removed them from the row and now it works.

Thanks alot Michael!
Re: Report Repeating First Line of Data [message #986852 is a reply to message #986651] Thu, 22 November 2012 04:06 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You're welcome!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Can't customize X axis scale
Next Topic:Define specific tray for specific pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:37:51 GMT 2024