Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Model serialization is very slow(When trying to serialize a EMF model using XtextResource, It takes a huge amount of time)
Model serialization is very slow [message #986393] Tue, 20 November 2012 10:22 Go to next message
Charles Bonneau is currently offline Charles BonneauFriend
Hello,
I have a problem with the serialization of a EMF model using a XtextResource.
I have generated a Xtext project from an Ecore file.
I have an instance model of 233 objects, which is not that big (imho).
But when I try to serialize it using the XtextResource, I have the impression that the process is stuck in an infinite loop, or at least it is very slow: ~15 minutes
I've paused the process and it seems to be looping in the method
public abstract class AbstractParseTreeConstructor implements IParseTreeConstructor {
[...]
   protected AbstractToken serialize(EObject object, AbstractToken currentToken, TreeConstructionReportImpl rep){
[...]
   }
}

I have no idea on how to debug it and improve the serialization process.

I could use a little help here.

In advance, thank you for your comments/remarks.

Best regards,

Charles

[Updated on: Tue, 20 November 2012 10:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Model serialization is very slow [message #986414 is a reply to message #986393] Tue, 20 November 2012 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Vorburger is currently offline Michael VorburgerFriend
Charles, what version of Xtext are you using? Are you aware that there are two Serializer implementations in Xtext, an old/slower and newer/faster one? Browse some older Forum posts for more about this.. If you created your project with an older version and then later switched to a newer one, you're probably still using the older implementation? To switch, create a new sample test project with the Xtext (latest 2.3.1), and note how in the new *.mwe2 there is a // Serializer 2.0 fragment = serializer.SerializerFragment ... add that to your existing *.mwe2, regenerate - perf any better? Now retest everything... Wink
Re: Model serialization is very slow [message #986431 is a reply to message #986414] Tue, 20 November 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using Xtext 2.3.0. I'll try with the latest version. I'll let you know. Thank you very much.
Re: Model serialization is very slow [message #1007092 is a reply to message #986431] Mon, 04 February 2013 12:14 Go to previous message
Huge improvement ! thanks a lot !!!!

Br,

Charles
Previous Topic:[Xbase] LValue-like expressions in DSL
Next Topic:Infinite loop when refreshing the outline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:14:37 GMT 2024