Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Authentication with RAP
Authentication with RAP [message #986093] Sun, 18 November 2012 18:59 Go to next message
Sebastian Boccardi is currently offline Sebastian BoccardiFriend
I have a Customized Security Filter added to the server of the application. If i run the SWT UI for the application it shows a Login Dialog at startup. But if i run the RAP UI (the only one im interested in) there is no dialog. I think i can do the same implementation for the RAP. But that would mean to have two different Authentications mechanisms. Is there some way to invoke the Server side authentication, and by this generating a login dialog in the web browser?

Sebastian
Re: Authentication with RAP [message #986632 is a reply to message #986093] Wed, 21 November 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Sebastian

You propably need to register your filter in the rap plugin for the alias "/". If a login is required, the browser will automatically open a login window, if your filter returns an appropriate basic auth response (see also BasicSecurityFilter).

Some more information:
- Rap server connects to /ajax of the actual server with a token. /ajax typically is not covered by the servlet filters in the server.
- The bundles org.eclipse.scout.rt.server and org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap register two servlet filters by default, one for development and one for production. The one for development doesn't ask for a login, it simply sets the user to the one defined in the system property "user.name". They are registered with a very high ranking to make sure custom filters come first.

I think you don't get any login box at the moment, because the DevelopmentAuthFilter is used.

Hope it helps
Claudio

Re: Authentication with RAP [message #986696 is a reply to message #986632] Wed, 21 November 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If add the /ajax alias to the server filter, ui layer gets kicked out when accessing the server,
i think because authentication on the rap ui layer is not active or is not thought to work that way.

I can add a customized security filter on the rap layer, but that is forcing me to keep up two
different security filters, and accesing the database from the rap ui layer and i don´t want to do that (or i am missing something??).

I want the access to the database to check authentication be done on the server side. Is this approach wrong?

Should i do a "securityprocessservice" server side and access it from the rap ui layer?

you are correct about the developmentauthfilter, basicfilter makes the login dialog appear also....

Sebastian

Re: Authentication with RAP [message #986959 is a reply to message #986696] Thu, 22 November 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Accessing the database only from the actual server and not from the rap server is a good idea. I suggest to provide a servlet on the actual server which does the authentication check. The security filter on the rap server can then make a call to this servlet. If the response from the servlet is not HttpServletResponse.SC_OK, return HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED along with the basic auth headers.
Re: Authentication with RAP [message #986979 is a reply to message #986959] Thu, 22 November 2012 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i try to extend the AbstractChainableSecurityFilter on the ui.rap i get this error:

The type javax.servlet.Filter cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

The strange thing is that BasicSecurityFilter (that works) extends the same filter....

[Updated on: Thu, 22 November 2012 16:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Authentication with RAP [message #988328 is a reply to message #986979] Thu, 29 November 2012 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're getting the error since javax.servlet is not on the classpath.
Try to import the package javax.servlet (manifest.mf: Import-Package: javax.servlet), this should solve the problem.

There is no error with BasicSecurityFilter because that class is in the bundle org.eclipse.scout.http.servletfilter which has a dependency to javax.servlet.
Re: Authentication with RAP [message #988715 is a reply to message #988328] Sat, 01 December 2012 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok importing the javax.servlet solved that.

Im still figuring out the "correct" way to do this.. trying to keep everything inside the framework....

Claudio, thank you very much....
Re: Authentication with RAP [message #1716496 is a reply to message #988715] Fri, 04 December 2015 12:03 Go to previous message
Rudolf Koschel is currently offline Rudolf KoschelFriend
Is this already solved? I think I have the same problem.
See my question on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34084173/authentication-via-login-dialog-in-scout-rap

Edit: fix the URL

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 13:26] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cross-Platform Compiling
Next Topic:Application Error when launch SWT Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:09:56 GMT 2024