Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » FTP disconnect from a non-available host gets stuck
FTP disconnect from a non-available host gets stuck [message #986070] Sun, 18 November 2012 09:27 Go to next message
Arye Shemesh is currently offline Arye ShemeshFriend
Hi,

I'm using FTP file subsystem (feature version 3.0.301) to work against a host. When the host is unavailable, I try to remove it by calling RSECorePlugin.getTheSystemRegistry().deleteHost(connection).

Doing this implicitly triggers the FTP subsystem disconnect code. This code tries to send the quit command to the remote host, but since this host doesn't exist, and so does no reply, the code is stuck waiting for a response.

This issue causes the status bar to show an always running disconnect job, that cannot be canceled.

Is there another way to overcome this issue? maybe another API should be called?
Re: FTP disconnect from a non-available host gets stuck [message #986238 is a reply to message #986070] Mon, 19 November 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Please consider upgrading your RSE and try again.

The current feature version is
org.eclipse.rse.ftp_3.1.0.201209191030-782FBV8377A6N8PB6J84.jar
Re: FTP disconnect from a non-available host gets stuck [message #986487 is a reply to message #986238] Tue, 20 November 2012 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.

I upgraded and the problem persists.

I debugged the org.eclipse.rse.services.files.ftp plugin and the problem seems to reside in FTPService.disconnect() method (line 508).
The code tries to send an FTP "quit" command to the non-existing host.
I patched the code and tried to add a call to _ftpClient.IsConnected(), but it returns true.
The only solution I found was to call _ftpClient.getRemoteAddress().isReachable() before attempting to send the quit command.

Am I missing something? Misusing the API? Is this considered a bug?

Thanks,
Arye
Re: FTP disconnect from a non-available host gets stuck [message #987602 is a reply to message #986070] Tue, 27 November 2012 10:09 Go to previous message
opened a bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=395139
Previous Topic:SFTP through a SSH Tunnel?
Next Topic:Project Dependencies for RSE Remote Maven Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:49:40 GMT 2024